Pellérdi út 91/B
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary as an Embedded Software Developer (C++) in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the food and agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
Your primary tasks will involve:
- Develop and maintain the instrument software and software platform written in C++
- Write code to control different HW components, collecting data from sensors
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Hardware Engineers and domain specialists (located in both Hungary & Denmark) to design the concept, implement the solution and test the physical device with the software
- Improve and refactor existing solution to accommodate new requirements and adapt new technologies
- Enhance the SW architecture to meet the strategic goals of the product
- Extend and evolve APIs to allow easy access for external developers/systems
- Deliver quality software, ensure proper test coverage, optimize performance
- Visualizing your work in an Agile / Scrum context
We will provide proper inhouse training and introduction to our platforms, instruments and development standards. We expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-border collaboration between Pécs, Hungary and Hillerød, Denmark. Our solutions are implemented by combining different programming languages and latest technologies: Angular/TypeScript, C# and C++, so you will have the possibility to grow in expertise in different areas if you feel like.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary with partial home office possibilities. It is expected that you will have 3-10 traveling days per year to Denmark.
- A career where you can grow in expertise, learn new technologies and your work has a serious impact on the outcome of the project
- Exciting, multidisciplinary and challenging projects where the most important target is to deliver ground-breaking, high-quality solutions
- A job in an international, stable and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the projects, and big enough for professional development
- Flexible work time with hybrid home office possibilities.
- Multiple opportunities for personal development: online and offline trainings, regular innovation days where you can work on your own ideas, possibility to travel to Denmark
- We have a flat, informal and open-minded company culture
- Good collegial spirit, a well-functioning community
- Well-equipped canteen with delicious coffee and other drinks
- Help in the relocation
- BSc or MSc in software engineering, computer science or electrical engineering
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in C++ development
- Experience with distributed, real-time multiprocessor systems (ARM / Cortex)
It is an advantage if you have:
- Experience with FPGA, RTOS, CAN, USB or TCP/IP
- Knowledge of multiple design patterns, SOLID principles
- Experience with implementation of algorithms, control theory
- Solid knowledge of C# and .Net
- Knowledge of MATLAB
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum/Kanban) framework
- Practical knowledge in a visual task management tool like Azure DevOps (or Jira)
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies, programming language features
- Ability to understand complex requirements and solutions
- Ability to see the big picture meanwhile taking care about the details
- Ability to analyse and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Team player attitude, knowing the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- Good communication skills both in English and Hungarian
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Gábor Lehotai at firstname.lastname@example.org (+36 20 284 0586).
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is an international company with HQ in Denmark that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analysed using FOSS solutions. As a global market leader, improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.
The R&D software department employs more than 80 software developers (15+ in Pécs) which makes up for about 1/3 of the whole R&D organization at FOSS. Our SW department is responsible for developing innovative software solutions in excellent quality using the latest technologies for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the success of our new software department at Soft Flow by joining the software team. The department works closely together with HQ on interdisciplinary projects where we integrate advanced technologies and software into our products.