Junior Chemist / Vegyész
Pellérdi út 91/B
Join Soft Flow as a Junior Chemist in R&D – and support the process of creating world-class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet's agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agriculture, and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production, and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many exciting new projects in the pipeline that require a world-class researcher team. Therefore, we are expanding our Core Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted
Junior Chemist Researcher
- Working as part of a team in a research laboratory including planning and conducting research experiments in the realms of organic and bioconjugation chemistry
- Responsible for analyzing and interpreting scientific results from laboratory investigations
- Setting up, operating, and maintaining laboratory equipment
- Upholding policies, laboratory protocols and recording all progress, summarizing findings into reports
Qualification and Experience
- University degree (BSc/MSc) in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of organic and inorganic chemistry with good experimental skills
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with and influence other individuals and groups in a positive, team-based environment
- Eager to learn new methods, processes and technologies
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency and can be impartial and objective, keeping deadlines
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- Opportunities for you to make independent, dynamic, and fast decisions, constant learning challenges through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Relocation support
Send us your application via the link below. We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Rita Megyesi at email@example.com
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
Brief history of SOFT FLOW
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 90 highly qualified employees. Last year we moved to our new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
FOSS employs approximately 1,700 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.