Dairy Industry Sales Manager - Central US
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
Dairy Industry Sales Manager – Central US
About the job
We are looking for a Dairy Industry Sales Manager to join our largest sales- and service subsidiary in North America. Your territory will be the Central US.
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast-growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning, then read on.
The Dairy Industry Sales Manager is responsible for the sale of the organization's products in the specified market segment of Dairy for the United States. This position sells the Company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the Foss products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition, he/she provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
The Dairy Industry Sales Manager will work out of a home office. Travel required (primary within US) in the range of 50-75%. The Dairy Industry Sales Manager reports to the Sales Director-Dairy & RMT. There are no direct reports to this position.
Your job is to sell instrumentation to food producing, food processing and agricultural accounts, defined by FOSS Market Segments.
This includes to:
- Be responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Work effectively within a team to achieve the overall segment budget responsibility.
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and National Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Master effective communication with the Dairy Team Manager, Market Segment Managers and other persons in the company
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Participate in tradeshows both local and national
- Travel as necessary to cover the territory
The ideal candidate comes with
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role in a business-to-business sales environment
- A strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales; experience in driving revenue in technical products/instruments strongly preferred
- Experience within the dairy industry in processing or quality.
- Experience in cross-selling and Value Based Selling (benefits and profit enhancement proposition)
- Excellent Computer skills desired for customer relationship management software, proposals and presentations including, Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel are required
- Scientific background with understanding of statistics and Chemistry
Critical Success Factors:
We are looking for an experienced candidate who comes with excellent sales skills from a B2B role. If you can recognize following characteristics, you might be the one we are looking for:
- Action oriented with a proven ability to achieve results
- Strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and styles
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Experience with Spectroscopy, not required but a plus
- A self-starter and multi-tasker with a capacity to perform in a fast paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
If you think the job is interesting - and you possess the necessary qualifications, please send your application via the apply link. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.