Marketing Communications Specialist – FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services CA
94582 San Ramon
FOSS is a Danish family-driven company that works with thousands of food and agricultural companies across the world. You will be part of our new Software Service business division full of entrepreneurs and developers. We have high ambitions, and you will play an important role in marketing our future services.
The workday you can look forward to
As our new Marketing Communications Specialist, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing in supporting marketing efforts for our Product and Sales Teams. Your work will consist of developing content and assets for website, blogs, articles, product descriptions, social media, sales and marketing decks along with tradeshows, conferences, and other marketing related tasks.
Other key activities include:
- Support and align with marketing, product, and sales teams on messaging as well as the go-to-market plan by providing relevant product content creation.
- Develop content and assets to educate internal and external stakeholders on product features and benefits.
- Research assigned topics and write new website content including product descriptions, blog posts, video content, email campaigns, etc.
- Use analytical tools to track and monitor campaign activities (i.e. Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, Facebook Insights, etc.)
- Creates basic computer illustrations and designs using software tools such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, design graphics, logos, presentation templates, photo collections, web animations, etc.
- Update company website with relevant content.
- Addresses requests for printed materials and website additions, gathers content information, assists with designs and re-writes of materials, gains approvals and designs for print or posting on the web and SoMe.
The position is full-time, and you will be working from our new office in San Ramon, CA.
What you bring to the table
As a person you are an outgoing and dynamic, with a very structured approach to your tasks. On the professional side, we imagine that you bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism or related field or equivalent working experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and editing skills in English.
- Proven content writing, marketing or communications experience.
- Basic understanding and experience with SEO, SEM and other website and social media
- Proficiency in relevant graphics software (Adobe Suite - InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Conceptual knowledge of printing processes and HTML and Website development.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing principles and marketing communications
- Experience from a SaaS company is a plus
An interesting and challenging job awaits you where you will get the opportunity to bring your ideas to the table in a start-up environment. We have a global mindset, and you will experience that FOSS is a highly international environment with +1700 colleagues around the world.
Please send us your application and relevant documentation as soon as possible by using the link below. Please note that only applications sent through this link will be considered. We conduct interviews on an on-going basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.