Operations Engineer - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Nils Foss Allé 1
Join Foss Warsaw team as a Operations Engineer in Foss Software Services – and be part of creating world class analytical solutions for the connected agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Data is the most valuable resource in modern food production
Digitalization has reached a turning point: in a growing global market where safe food of high quality is in demand, digital solutions indisputably add value to the production chain.
High availability and reliable performance is the top priority in any production environment and it can be safeguarded through remote monitoring, automation, assistance and sharing of knowledge. All in all, a more intelligent use of nature’s agricultural resources. That is good news for the future!
Foss Software Services is responsible for developing innovative cloud-based services using data from our analytical instruments and other sources, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. Our digital services are hosted in a large-scale production environment in Microsoft Azure and our customers are expecting us to provide high quality service while keeping their data well protected as our digital services are an integral part of the customers daily business.
Our business is growing and we therefore also need to expand the Operations team that is responsible for the production environment and providing 2nd line application support for all our digital services. We expect you to provide input and ideas and be active in developing the organisation to run a world class setup with operational excellence.
Your primary tasks will involve:
- 2nd line application support of Digital Services
- Maintainance of our cloud-based infrastructure to ensure service availability/uptime
- Take part in a rotating 24x7 OnCall support schedule
- Deployment of Azure Cloud Services
Secondary responsibilities may also include:
- Installing and upgrading of VM based Services
- Creating technical & operational documentation in written formats
- Proactive monitoring and optimization of the cloud infrastructure for cost and performance
- Facilitate the link between software development and production environment (DevOps)
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- 3-4 years of proven track record as an IT Supporter or similar experience
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
- Good customer communication skills
- Experience with Database Administration (DBA) would be of benefit
- Working experience with PowerShell, T-SQL, Performance Optimization is an advantage
- Experience with cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
- Have an understanding of the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- You have a can-do attitude and will get the job done, even though it is not within your assigned tasks and you believe that having well-defined procedures are essential for a robust operation of a production environment
- Having a mindset for Operation Excellence
- You are enthusiastic and open-minded with a great attention to detail
- Foss is a Danish company which means that we have a Scandinavian style of work based on trust and teamwork
- Stable working environment
- Contract B2B
- Additional benefits such as multisport, private health care, private insurance
- New office located in the center of Warsaw on Chmielna Street
- Integration events
- Flexible working time
- Professional training & courses
Send us your application via the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.