Field Service Engineer La Crosse WI
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning, then read on.
Our North American subsidiary located in Eden Prairie, MN currently has an opening for a field service representative based in La Crosse WI to perform product and applications support activities for the purpose of maintaining equipment and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Field Service Engineer applies knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operation.
As our new Field Service Engineer you will apply your knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operation. You will report to the Field Service Manager of North America. This is a full-time, permanent position and travel is estimated at up to 80%
Job responsibilities include:
- Install, maintain, and repair analytical instruments at customer sites and other locations.
- Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance.
- Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with supervisor and support coordinator.
- Comply with safety standards, company policies, and business objectives.
- Maintain accurate accounts of services performed and submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures.
- Update scheduling application and keep supervisor informed of activities.
- Keep abreast of product and policy information through frequent review of company intranet and website portal.
- Attend service meetings and training sessions.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Candidates for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
- A four-year college or university degree in an engineering discipline or chemistry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
- Candidates with a two-year degree and major coursework in electronics or military training in a related field will be considered.
- Minimum two years’ experience in field service or applications engineering in support of complex electro-mechanical equipment installed at customer locations is required.
- Candidate must be able to pass a criminal, driving, and credit background check.
Success in the role will be defined as creating strong and lasting relationships between FOSS and our customers; both new and current.
Strong, analytical skills, problem-solving, and customer empathy are all necessary attributes.
Being able to clearly communicate up, down, and outside the organization is essential.
An interesting and challenging job with with focus on customer engagement and growth. At FOSS you can look forward to a position with great flexibility and room for work-life balance. FOSS is a family-owned company, but with global presence and a high focus on investing in Research & Development. We are proud of our high employee and customer satastacfion along with our open culture and great career opportunities. We offer competitive monetary rewards, a challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is a world leader in its field.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.