Frontend Developer - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Nils Foss Allé 1
Join Foss Warsaw team as a Frontend Developer in Foss Software Service – and be part of creating world class analytical solutions for the connected agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class software solutions.
You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the new software team and ensure we have a successful establishment of this new software department at Foss Warsaw. The new department will work closely together with HQ on cloud based digital services where we use the latest cloud technologies in our products.
Foss Software Service is responsible for developing innovative cloud based services using data from our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
Your primary tasks will involve:
- Collaborate with Product Owners and domain specialists to specify the requirements
- Design, implement, test and document the solution
- Deliver secure and quality software, with proper test coverage, optimized for performance
- Work in a Scrum context on a distributed setup in close collaboration with HQ
- Keep up to date with the latest trends and new technologies within web development
For this we will provide proper training and introduction to our platforms, how our digital solutions are developed and insight into the specific digital platform requirements and specifications. We further expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-border collaboration between the new team in Pecs and cloud development at HQ. Our solutions are mainly implemented using C# and based on Microsoft Azure.
Your daily work will be at Foss Poland in Warsaw. However, it is expected that you will have maximum 5-10 traveling days per year.
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- Experience in programming for the Angular framework or similar
- Experience with reactive programming, SPA and REST APIs
- Strong background in Unit testing and TDD
- Experience with Cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
It is an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge of Agile development and Scrum
- Tried working in a visual task management context like TFS/ Azure-DevOps or Jira
- Experience with mobile technologies like Flutter, React Native, Kotlin
- Knowledge of backend technologies (C#, .NET Core)
- Personal skills
- Understand the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- You have a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty and you believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution
- Having DevOps mindset
- Good communication skills, team-player attitude
- English level C1
- Foss is a Danish company which means that we have a Scandinavian style of work based on trust and teamwork
- Stable working environment
- Contract B2B
- Additional benefits such as multisport, private health care, private insurance
- New office located in the center of Warsaw on Chmielna Street
- Integration events
- Flexible working time
- Professional training & courses
Send us your application via the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.