Field Service Engineer
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
Our North American subsidiary located in Eden Prairie, MN currently has an opening for a field service representative based in Greater Toronto ON to perform product and applications support activities for the purpose of maintaining equipment and ensuring customer satisfaction. The Field Service Engineer applies knowledge of electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and restoring equipment to operation.
The position will report to the Field Service Manager of North America.
This is a full-time, permanent position - travel is estimated at up to 80%.
Job responsibilities include:
• Install, maintain, and repair analytical instruments at customer sites and other locations.
• Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance.
• Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with supervisor and support coordinator.
• Comply with safety standards, company policies, and business objectives.
• Maintain accurate accounts of services performed and submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures.
• Update scheduling application and keep supervisor informed of activities.
• Keep abreast of product and policy information through frequent review of company intranet and website portal.
• Attend service meetings and training sessions.
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Candidates for this position should meet the following minimum requirements:
• A four-year college or university degree in an engineering discipline or chemistry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred.
• Candidates with a two-year degree and major coursework in electronics or military training in a related field will be considered.
• Minimum two years’ experience in field service or applications engineering in support of complex electro-mechanical equipment installed at customer locations is required.
• Candidate must be able to pass a criminal, driving, and credit background check.
Success in the role will be defined as creating strong and lasting relationships between FOSS and our customers; both new and current.
Strong, analytical skills, problem-solving, and customer empathy are all necessary attributes.
Being able to clearly communicate up, down, and outside the organization is essential.
An interesting and challenging job with with focus on customer engagement and growth. At FOSS you can look forward to a position with great flexibility and room for work-life balance.
FOSS is a family-owned company, but with global presence and a high focus on investing in Research & Development. We are proud of our high employee and customer satisfaction along with our open culture and great career opportunities.
We offer competitive monetary rewards, a challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is a world leader in its field. You will get the opportunity to work with the most advanced technology, together with 1500 highly skilled colleagues in strong teams and cross-functional projects.
if you are interested in the position, please send you application. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.