Managing Director, FOSS Northern Europe
FOSS Northern Europe
FOSS is a highly successful, family-owned, global provider of analytical instruments and solutions for the food and agriculture industries. Based in Denmark, FOSS was founded in 1956 as N. FOSS Electric A/S. Since then, FOSS has grown to become the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality, solutions that maximize production while making the best possible use of valuable natural resources.
We have manufacturing, research and development facilities in Denmark, China and Hungary and our products are sold and supported through FOSS sales and service subsidiaries in 30+ countries and by more than 75 exclusive distributors around the globe. We employ more than 1,700 highly qualified staff worldwide.
We are currently searching for a Managing Director (MD) for the FOSS Northern Europe (F-NE) sales and service subsidiary, covering Germany, Austria, and Benelux. Your base will be at the office in Hamburg, and it is a prerequisite that you either live in the Hamburg area or that you are willing to move to Hamburg.
With 55 employees working within Sales, Marketing, Admin and Customer Service, FOSS Northern Europe (F-NE) is our largest sales and service subsidiary in Europe. For more information, please visit the FOSS website at www.foss.dk.
The MD of FOSS Northern Europe is overall responsible for the P&L in F-NE. You will provide overall leadership to the subsidiary and work closely with executives in Denmark and other global FOSS locations to ensure the continued success of the organization. You will be responsible for the Sales and Marketing organization as well as Finance/admin working closely with the F-NE Service Director.
As MD, you are responsible for meeting or exceeding business growth and revenue targets and for building and maintaining a “winning team” with a strong focus on employee development and satisfaction while ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Key activities for the MD position include:
- P&L responsibility – including meeting targets for Income, Profitability, EBITDA, Net Working Capital, Customer Satisfaction/loyalty and Employee Satisfaction
- Develop and implement a strategy and annual business plans for F-NE and making sure that F-NE builds an effective pipeline of sales opportunities to achieve annual targets
- Continuously development of the organization and ensuring that each employee utilizes their full potential.
Being a strong and passionate leader, you will communicate and motivate employees to embrace FOSS’ mission and values and achieve goals and strategies and in addition to above, you will :
- Monitor overall sales pipeline and market segment pipelines to ensure quarterly revenue achievement, proactively addressing variances
- Develop and solidify customer partnerships to help drive overall customer satisfaction
- Lead Key Account Management in close coordination with the Global Key Account
Management (GKAM) department.
- Development of Local sales and Marketing strategies and Business plans – and implementation of same.
Looking for a corner office?
It might be there, but we don’t use it. We expect you to be involved in the daily operation, coaching and supporting your organization – therefore you should also expect that that you spend approx. 25% of your time travelling – primarily within the region where you will be visiting key customers or co-driving with the sales organization.
Is there a match?
We are looking for a bright, strategic sales leader with a background in B2B capital equipment sales and marketing. We expect you to be an experienced and competent leader who bring sound business judgement, a track record of profitable sales growth and the ability to provide strong leadership to the team.
You will be driving results by proactively anticipating the future needs for the organization.
Skills and Experiences
Preferred skills and experiences include:
- Hands-on, metrics-focused leader with a proven track record of driving accountability and
- achieving results – not only alone but also with help from the organization.
- Outstanding record of achievement in sales, marketing, customer service and new business
- A self-confident team player, highly analytical and capable of working with all areas of the
- If you have experience with analytic instrumentation and a background in the food/agriculture industry it will be considered a plus.
The highest ethical standards are expected.
Committing to FOSS is also committing to our values. They are:
• First - because being first is motivating and rewarding
• Customer - because the customer is the focus of everything we do
• People & Knowledge - because FOSS is a company based on knowledge and employees working in collaboration
Does that sound like the right challenge for you? Then please apply using the link below. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to VP Sales and marketing, EMEA Morten Løgager on : MLG@foss.dk. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the recruitment system.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,600 highly qualified people worldwide.