Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as a Mechanical Design Engineer in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analyzed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, please join to our inspiring, open minded team located at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions in hardware development. Therefore, we are establishing our Hardware Development Department, and looking for a talented and devoted Lead Mechanical Design Engineer. You will help us to develop world leading instruments from concept until release to production and sales. Being first and best takes something extra.
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical design from concept to final verified product in co-operation with local and Danish R&D design team.
The mechanical designer follows the agreed guidelines from the mechanical function and suggests improvements in order to improve quality, reliability, delivery and cost.
There will be occasional visits to the R&D department in Hillerød, Denmark to get a visual and hands-on understanding of the problems, working methods and meet the other project team members.
- Developing and designing mechanical constructions
- Coordinating team’s work
- Modelling in Inventor and documentation in SAP
- Ensuring robust design, by using simulations, Datum systems (ensuring correct designed degree of freedom) solid tolerance calculations, GPS drawings etc.
- Verification and Validation of own design
Qualifications and Experience
You must share our passion for mechanical and technology development at a very high and challenging level. Since we are establishing our new Hardware Development Department, we are currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- BSc degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering with 5+ years’ relevant work experience in R&D after graduation
- English is a requirement (both written and verbal)
- Solid practical and hands-on experience with mechanical constructions
- The ideal candidate will have experience with 3D and 2D mechanical design and strong knowledge in geometrical tolerancing and dimensioning (GPS)
- Background in dynamic and kinematic analysis of motion systems AND/OR design in plastic and metals, interface analysis of total construction, modelling and tolerance analysis, design for lean manufacturing and GMP
- Basic understanding of mechanical part of production and manufacturing (moulding, stamping, etc.) knowing the rules for designing
It is an advantage if you have:
- MSc degree in mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- Taking responsibility as well as being engaged and committed about your job and tasks
- Taking responsibility on the team’s performance
- Taking review comments as a way to become an even better engineer
- Team-player with a positive mindset, sharing knowledge and having a natural curiosity about other job disciplines
- Creativity with a great deal of ingenuity
- Structured and attentive to details
- Eagerness to follow projects to the end and see results
- Ability to plan own time, take the lead on technical challenges and coordinate tasks within the projects
- Thriving with many different types of tasks, including hands-on work like using a soldering iron
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- Opportunities for you to make independent, dynamic and fast decisions, constant learning challenges through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Accommodation for 3 months in the event of relocation
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to István Háber at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 85 highly qualified employees. In the coming years, we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs.
Follow us on www.softflow.com.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.