Head of Hardware Engineering
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as R&D Manager - Head of Hardware Engineering Development and be part of the challenge of shaping the future!
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production, and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class hardware solutions. That is why we are establishing a new Hardware Development Department at our subsidiary SoftFlow, in Pécs Hungary.
You will have the unique opportunity to establish and be in charge of a new hardware department and will report directly the R&D VP for Hardware. The new department will work closely together with HQ in Denmark on interdisciplinary projects where we integrate advanced technologies into our products.
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
Your primary task will be to establish and manage two new hardware teams by the end of 2021. Furthermore, it is also your responsibility that all of your teams deliver quality solutions. Therefore, it is expected that you facilitate technical dialogues between design engineers and internal stakeholders primarily located at HQ. This means that you will need to create, coordinate and follow-up on development plans to ensure that your teams resolve challenges and overcome obstacles.
As your department grows, it is expected that entire instrument projects will be part of the scope. This means that you will support your teams in clarifying and scoping project requirements. Therefore you must have a thorough technical knowledge since our solutions are highly complex.
Your daily work will be at SoftFlow in Pécs Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have a minimum of 40 traveling days per year to Denmark.
- MSc in mechanical or electronic or mechatronics engineering
- Min. 2-3 years of proven track record as a project manager or team leader
- Min. 5 years of experience in analytical instrument development as mechanical or electronic engineer
It is an advantage if you:
- Have worked in the automotive or aviation industry or medical instrument development
- Have previous experience working in an international company
We would like you to have strong communication skills, as well as a desire to be part of a team.
- Experience with managing relations with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge in HW development processes
- Strong system management skills
- Motivated by communicating and helping teams collaborate, deliver, and grow
- Able to help teams analyze and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Fluency in English and Hungarian
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex personal development. We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic, and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities.
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased demand for hardware development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- The opportunity to deliver projects from conception to sale release.
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to the Talent Acquisition Specialist, Enikő Végh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Brief history of SOFT FLOW HUNGARY
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years, we expand considerably and move to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.com
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high-quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, global food production will have to increase by 60 percent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which creates new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark, and development, and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.