Industry Sales Manager - Meat
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast-growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning, then read on.
The Industry Sales Manager will work out of a home office. Travel required (primary within US) up to 50%. The Dairy Industry Sales Manager reports to the Sales Director-Meat. The territory for this role is the Northeastern States in the US.
Sell instrumentation to food producing, food processing and agricultural accounts, defined by FOSS Market Segments.
- Be responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Work effectively within a team to achieve the overall segment budget responsibility.
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and National Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Participate in tradeshows both local and national
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role in a business-to-business sales environment
- A strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales; experience in driving revenue in technical products/instruments strongly preferred
- Experience within the dairy industry in processing or quality.
- Experience in cross-selling and Value Based Selling (benefits and profit enhancement proposition)
- Excellent Computer skills desired for customer relationship management software, proposals and presentations including, Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel are required
- Scientific background with understanding of statistics and Chemistry
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
Today, more than 8 billion people around the world are dependent on nutritional food. Tons of food being produced in a million different ways and under varying conditions, creating challenges all the way from field to fork. One of them, obviously, being the effects it has on climate change.
FOSS helps the world’s 100 biggest food companies and more than 40,000 others around the world navigate exactly that with intelligent, data-driven and innovative analytical solutions. We are making sustainability a better business and we’re doing so as global market leader in our field – improving food quality, minimizing food waste, ensuring food safety, and securing fair payment.
Join a pioneering and innovative company in the food and agriculture industry. A company on a mission, with offices all around the world and 1,700 talented colleagues from more than 32 different countries.