Business Intelligence Specialist
Nils Foss Allé 1
Do you have a strong sense of purpose and enjoy working with data – join us!
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. Food production is bound to increase immensely in the coming years to keep up with growing populations all over the world – a 60% increase in production by 2050, to be exact.
It is our mission to make sure that our customers, food, and agricultural companies, around the world can meet this higher demand without sacrificing sustainable values. The digital transformation is a part of our strategy – a part of this is to work with common platforms, aligned processes and get insights from our data. We have the ambition to become even more data driven and provide higher degrees of self service. To further support and drive this journey, we are looking for a new colleague for our BI team.
Master our data
We are looking for a talented and motivated Business Intelligence Specialist. Are you an experienced developer of efficient and coherent data-driven solutions? Motivated by the potential of becoming a key employee in designing and building the future BI solutions and supporting an analytics culture?
Our team vision is to ensure Trust, Transparency and Availability in business data used across the FOSS organization. To do this, we work as a trusted business partner together with most teams in FOSS. We work to ensure high data quality through clear business processes and supporting technology.
FOSS has been using Qlik for the last 10+ years as our corporate BI tool and have recently moved to Qlik Cloud. Furthermore, Power Bi are used across the business for self-service BI. The main data sources are SAP ERP and Salesforce.
We are currently reshaping our BI strategy and you will be joining us on an exciting digital journey. You will work onsite in our headquarter in Hillerød, where you together with our current Business Intelligence Specialist, will move Business Intelligence within FOSS to the next level. Organizationally you will be part of our Global Master Data team consisting of 10 dedicated colleagues. You will be joining a very experienced team, all focusing on data and with people who are always ready to help and share their insights.
Our business data is our asset. We need to get the most value from our data, and this is where your role as Business Intelligence specialist come in.
Some of your tasks will be:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their reporting needs
- Design, develop and maintain data models and governed Business Intelligence solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Maintain and govern the current BI platform and BI solutions
- Further strengthen the analytics culture in the FOSS organization including training and supporting business users
- Join our future data platform project which are focusing on the entire platform from extracting data from the source systems to preparing it and finally presenting it to the business
- Drive more insight of our business data
Are you an ambitious and technically skilled specialist with a process-oriented mindset?
We are looking for a technical strong profile who wants to have a close collaboration with the business.
- You are an experienced and curious BI developer, who can understand business needs and turn them into BI solutions
- You hold a master’s degree and have minimum 3 years of experience in a technical BI role, where you have been developing BI solutions and optimizing BI systems
- You have the technical skills to both work in the backend to transform data & build data models and can also work in the frontend to turn it into valuable visualizations and reports
- You have excellent analytical skill and have a structured way of working with data
- You are a team player with a high drive and passion for what you do
- You can communicate in English and do so equally well with business and IT
- You might have experience in working with SAP and Salesforce data, but it is more important that you have the ability to combine and transform the data
We conduct interviews regularly, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible through the link provided in the ad. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Fryd Thrue at email@example.com.
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.