Are you FOSS’ new Sustainability Manager?
Nils Foss Allé 1
Long before the term “sustainability” was coined, we walked the talk.
Acting responsibly and with integrity has been our approach to doing business since the inception of our company in 1956 by Nils Foss. FOSS’ mission is all about the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus the nutrition and health of the people of the world. Hence, our solutions help our customers improve quality and optimize food and agricultural production. Put simply, our solutions enable customers to address pressing global sustainability issues like population growth, scarce resources, food safety scandals and climate change.
We are looking for a dedicated sustainability professional to take us to the next level in our sustainability journey.
As Sustainability Manager, your job will be to drive sustainability activities across our global operations. A very important part of the role is collaborating with different functions across the organization. Reporting to the SVP of HR & Sustainability.
FOSS is committed to operating in a sustainable manner and is an active participant of the UN Global Compact as well as a member of the Sedex initiative and EcoVadis. We are also committed to supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals with a particular focus on SDGs #2, #3, #8 and #12, which we have determined as the most relevant for our business.
Does this sound like something that could get you out of bed Monday morning? Then you might want to consider applying.
Working as Sustainability Manager you will have a variety of different tasks. Some of these are described below.
Strategic sustainability initiatives across FOSS:
- Working with internal stakeholders on the development of sustainability audits in our supply chain
- Driving initiatives to ensure that we progress against the UN Global Compact’s 10 principles, Sedex and EcoVadis
- Reducing our environmental footprint
- Climate actions and circularity
- Integrating sustainability into our company and employer branding
- Handling customer requests for documentation on our sustainability performance
- Conducting Internal SEDEX audits, together with our Compliance teams, against criteria in the areas of labor rights, health & safety, labor rights, the environment, and business ethics
- Producing our annual sustainability report, which details our efforts and progress in the areas of human rights, business ethics, social & employee matters, the environment & climate
- Keeping up to date with new sustainability requirements and regulations
Who are you?
We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with an interest in, and experience in sustainability. We expect your educational background to be a master’s degree.
In addition, you have:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience – preferably from an international organization.
- Documented experience with project management.
- Excellent communication, as well as relationship and stakeholder-building capabilities
- An analytical and pragmatic mindset
Why should you consider us?
With approx. 1,700 employees, FOSS has a size where you can make a difference. The Board of Directors and management are committed to sustainability and at FOSS, sustainability is more than a buzzword.
Working as Sustainability Manager at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have a lasting impact on sustainability. You will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally in a team-oriented, purpose-driven company
If you are interested, then please submit your CV and cover letter via the link below. FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.