Lead Electrical Design Engineer
Pellérdi út 91/B
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow as a Lead Electronic Design Engineer in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analyzed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, please join to our inspiring, open-minded team located at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions in hardware development. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and devoted Lead Electronic Design Engineer to help us develop parts of world leading instruments and navigate the team to follow the agreed guidelines from the electrical function, suggest improvements in order to improve quality, reliability, delivery and cost.
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our analytical instruments. As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for the electrical design concept in co-operation with local and Danish R&D design team. There will be occasional visits to the R&D department in Hillerød, Denmark to get a visual and hands-on understanding of the problems, working methods and meet the other project team members.
- Developing system design
- Coordinating team’s work
- Electronics circuit design and simulation
- VHDL programming and test to trouble shooting interfaces to optics and mechanics
Qualifications and Experience
- You must share our passion for electrical and technology development at a very high and challenging level.
- BSc in electrical engineering with 5+ years’ relevant work experience in R&D after graduation
- English is a requirement (both written and verbal)
- The ideal candidate will have experience with design of analog circuits (filters, amplifier and A/D circuits), creating electro-mechanical driver circuits for motors, solenoids, valves etc., modelling DC-DC power supplies, design of digital electronics (µc and FPGA circuits)
- Experience with VHDL programming of Xilinx FPGA, Orcad Capture, PSpice
- Solid practical and hands-on experience with electrical solutions
It is an advantage if you have:
- Experience with PCB layout EMC correct instrument and PCB design
- MSc degree in electrical engineering
- Taking responsibility as well as being engaged and committed about your job and tasks
- Taking responsibility on the team’s performance
- Taking review comments as a way to become an even better engineer
- Team-player with a positive mindset, sharing knowledge and having a natural curiosity about other job disciplines
- Creativity with a great deal of ingenuity
- Structured and attentive to details
- Eagerness to follow projects to the end and see results
- Ability to plan own time, take the lead on technical challenges, and coordinate tasks within the projects
- Thriving with many different types of tasks, including hands-on work
- Exciting projects
- A challenging job in an international, stable and innovative company
- Informal and open-minded company culture
- Nice collegial spirit, a well-functioning community
- State of the art new site
- Cafeteria during probation period as well
- Semi flexible work schedule
- Relocation program to contribute rental costs for 3 months
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Gábor Lehotai at email@example.com
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs, located in a state-of-the-art new facility, Soft Flow currently employs over 80 highly qualified employees.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier, and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs more than 1700 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.