Data Architect – FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Nils Foss Allé 1
Claus Møller Bech
+45 2420 8102
We are looking for a seasoned hands-on Data Architect to drive quality, reliability, and stability of our data pipeline for analytics
At FOSS we want to provide our customers with state-of-the-art analytics. As our new Data Architect, you will play a pivotal role in developing these customer facing data insights solutions. By now we have the first loads of data installed in our brand-new Snowflake-data platform, but we are looking to mature and expand it. What we need to succeed in our endeavors is a seasoned hands-on Data Architect, who is just as likely to open Visio and architect a complex data model as to develop a data solution in the cloud. Does this sound like you?
You will be a key part of designing, developing and production hardening of our data pipelines in close collaboration with skilled colleagues
You will be responsible of both planning and executing your own work. To be frank, no one is better suited to it than yourself anyway. Whilst you are doing hands-on data work and designing scalable data solutions you will also help coach your colleagues and build cross-functional relationships. You will be working with the analytics team, security, our cloud architect, our platform owner, and our backend developers – allowing us to establish a secure data foundation to move into progressively more advanced analytics going forward.
Summed up we expect you to:
- Work in close collaboration with our data analysts and backend developers in scoping requirements and data services that you will design
- Continuously design, develop, administrate, and maintain our Snowflake Cloud Data platform
- Guide us in developing a scalable solution to data cataloguing and data lineage
- Set up data quality monitoring, quality assurance and versioning of data sets
- Share your knowledge and coach the people around you to become equally data savvy
To succeed in this role, we imagine that you:
- Have deep knowledge and experience of database development and data architecture (preferably in modern cloud tool stack, i.e., Azure/AWS, Snowflake, Databricks etc.)
- Have proven data modelling and data pipeline development skills in order to provide clean transformed data solution, with data made ready for analysis
- Have knowledge and sound hands-on experience of software engineering principles (i.e. CI/CD, testing, version control), and the ability to apply it to analytics code and pipelines (i.e. DataOps)
- Are a highly skilled SQL programmer – you will be working with SQL primarily in Snowflake, secondary on other SQL servers on an Azure stack, where the endpoints to and from will utilize C# and Python.
- Have full working proficiency in English
- Are a nice person, who enjoys being part of a team, takes ownership and applies a ‘can do attitude’ to solving any issue that may arise
Why should you consider us?
FOSS is the leading global provider of analytics for the food and agricultural industries. We help hundreds of food and agriculture companies increase food sustainability and safety. Our instruments and digital services are used for reliable analysis of food at every stage of production across the globe. To support a growing need for digitalization FOSS has recently launched the new division FSS. FSS offers SaaS solutions to expand the range of insights, reporting services and analytical decision support tools available for the future of the food industry. Our new division FSS currently counts around 80 employees and reflect a truly multinational work environment with over 25 different nationalities represented. We are primarily based at the FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, a dedicated FSS Innovation Hub in Copenhagen and in Warsaw, Poland. The main location will be Hillerød or Copenhagen, but you will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally.
We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth! Working as Data Architect at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have lasting impact in a purpose driven company.
Ready to embark on our new division´s journey?
We look forward to hearing from you - please note that we only consider applications received through the link below. For further information regarding the job, please feel free to contact Claus Møller Bech, Head of Platform & Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 24 20 81 02
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.