Field Service Engineer - North
202 Harsha House, Karampura Commercial Complex, New Delhi – 110 015,
For our Indian Sales & Service subsidiary, we are looking for a talented Service Engineer to cover Punjab, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, and some part of Rajasthan. If required you might service other parts of India as well. Prefered location would be Chandigarh.
As Field Service Engineer (FSE) you have the main responsibility for first line response for support incidents. You will be supporting regional customers with technical solutions at customer site and/or from our India office, workshop, or other locations and install, commission, maintain and repair FOSS Instruments throughout India and supported locations.
Furthermore you will also:
- Collaborate with sales and technical team to build close relationships with customers and develop suitable solutions and products
- Collaborate with Regional Distributors to support quality of service
- Provide technical reports and other documentation on a timely basis
- Monitor and follow up problems to ensure customers’ satisfaction towards the technical solutions.
- Reporting to the OPE & Service Director, the FSE will be communicating and working closely together with other FOSS colleagues, as well as having daily contact with customers.
- Ensure that all incoming support incidents are handled and logged into the CRM system.
- Support the Service Director in the work within the service department
- Install, Commission, Maintain and repair FOSS Instruments in the field
- Handle first line customer calls and successfully resolve via phone technical support or remote diagnosis tools
- Act as 1st Line support for Distributors in the region.
- Identify further course of action for any escalated incidents.
- Liaise with the customer administration team to advise on escalations.
- Internal reporting – complete all SR’s assigned in a timely and accurate manner
The ideal candidate comes with a BE/Diploma in Instrumentation/Electronics and preferably minimum 1-2 years of Field Service experience.
As part of the onboarding, you will be trained in our instruments and technology, but a certain level of knowledge about technical instruments is required.
Success in the role will be defined as
- Creating strong and lasting relationships between FOSS and our customers; both new and current.
- Strong, analytical skills, problem-solving, and customer empathy are all necessary attributes.
- Being able to clearly communicate up, down, and outside the organization is essential.
Since corporate language is English, good written and verbal English skills are required.
The job is a full time job, working 5 days per week. On a normal week, you should expect up to 80% travel activity since you will be servicing our customes who are located all over India.
If you are intested in the position, please apply via the link in the job ad.
FOSS is committed to maintaining an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. You can help us sustain an unbiased recruitment process by not including photo or age in your application.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.