UI Designer for an Enterprise Application – FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Nils Foss Allé 1
Would you like to create impact in designing new software services that will improve safety, sustainability and efficiency for hundreds of food and agricultural companies across the world?
Then you have a unique opportunity in FOSS’ new Software Service team. The increased demand and pressure on providing food of high quality in sustainable ways requires new thinking and smarter ways of operating. FOSS has therefore recently established a new business division focusing entirely on new software solutions to strengthen the digitalization across the supply chain of the thousands of food companies that FOSS already work closely with.
FOSS is a family-driven company that works with thousands of food and agricultural companies across the world, but you will be part of a new business area full of entrepreneurs and developers. We have high ambitions, and you will play an important role in building future services.
The journey you can look forward to
Your daily tasks:
- Your daily life will focus on designing new solutions, so you will be working closely with our product and development teams to validate hypothesis and iterate on different concepts and taking them to next level by building mockups/prototypes.
- Working together with our UX designer and Product Owner to realize designs all the way low-fidelity mocks to high-fidelity implementation ready design.
- Create implementation ready UI elements, icons, logos, layouts as well as all necessary states - all to make it easy for the front-end team to pick it right off the Figma board.
- Furthermore, you will work with both customers and teams from other departments, so you always have a holistic overview of the user behavior and business goals.
- You can expect to expand the way FOSS Software Services work with design by taking responsibility for building our design culture for the entire organization.
- A big part of your work will be to collaborate with product experts and stakeholders in the organization to ensure that our design system is based on both UX/UI best practices and real-world business contexts and our user’s needs.
- We use the atomic principle to shape our design system, where you and the rest of the UX/UI team will build scalable principles and language.
What you bring to the table / Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience with UI design
- Ability to translate user pain points, needs and written designs into fitting UI and layouts
- Experience in iterative processes
- Great experience with system design, and converting UX best practice design theory into reality
- Expert in layout, colors, typography, and design principles and best practice.
- Experience with Figma / Adobe XD / Sketch (We use Figma)
- Proactive collaborator and communicator, and experienced working in cross-functional teams
- You are structured and organized of keeping your design documents up to date
- You have a keen eye for aesthetics and details
What we offer and why you belong here:
- Get all the perks from being part of a larger company while working from a newly established organization and office hub in CPH (Woods – Augusthus)
- Ability to affect the system design and design culture for new solutions
- We anticipate continued expansion in our software services, so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference.
- You will be part of creating a working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company.
- Help in creating a new product for supporting food safety and quality across the world.
Ready to embark our new division´s journey?
Please note that we only consider applications received through the link below. We review applications on an ongoing basis. For further information regarding the job, you can contact Jacob Hansen, Director of global Development via mail: email@example.com or phone +45 2761 6961.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.