Manager IT Operations and Support - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Nils Foss Allé 1
Claus Møller Bech
+45 2420 8102
We develop and operate software services that improves safety, sustainability and efficiency for hundreds of food and agricultural companies across the world. Do you want to lead the team that supports thousands of decision makers in the food industry every day?
Then you now have a unique opportunity in FOSS’ new Software Service team. The increased demand and pressure on providing food of high quality in sustainable ways requires new thinking and smarter ways of operating. FOSS has therefore recently established a new business division focusing entirely on new software solutions to strengthen the digitalization across the supply chain of the thousands of food companies that FOSS already work closely with.
As our IT Operations & Support Manager you will be part of a new business area full of entrepreneurs and developers. We have high ambitions and are already working with thousands of food and agricultural companies across the world. You will play an important role in delivering existing and future services to those customers.
FOSS’ vision is ‘Feeding the food value chains with trust, quality and insights’. In your role you will have a particular focus on ‘trust’ and ‘quality’ by ensuring:
- Professional and quick support for customers of our SaaS Solutions
- Stable running systems in the backend 24x7 where we take proactive action on any issue
Your tasks as IT Operations & Support Manager
The main areas of responsibility will cover four areas:
- 1st level support for upcoming Software Services
- 2nd level support of current and future Software Services
- Deployment, upgrading, migrating and monitoring of our solutions running in Microsoft Azure
- DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
We already have large running business and a great team of currently 5 dedicated and skilled people in the IT Operations and Support team; 2 in our Warsaw office and 3 in Hillerød. You will be the line manager for the employees at FOSS Innovation Center in Hillerød, from where you will also primarily be working yourself. 1st level support is now part of the general FOSS Service organization, but we are preparing for our own direct 1st level support in FOSS Software Service.
On a day-to-day basis your work will include
- Maintaining high standards on Information Security (we are ISO 27 001 certified)
- Ensuring that we have good processes in place for both support and for maintaining the IT Infrastructure
- To monitor and optimize the running systems in Azure for performance and cost
- Driving the setup of a new 1st level support
- Organise and distribute the work in the FSS Operations team
- People management of direct reports
Your key stakeholders will be our customers, internal FOSS IT, FOSS Service organization, FSS Customer Success Team and the FSS Development Teams.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 3 years of experience running professional IT Operations and Support of SaaS solutions as a manager
- You can stay calm during critical situations and when operations run smoothly you drive your vision of long term improvements forward
- You know how to develop strategies, processes, and procedures to increase the efficiency of the operations teams
- You can lead the operational tooling framework towards automation, reduction of repetitive manual tasks, proactive monitoring and incident detection, system self-repair
- You can ensure platform compliance, reliability, and uptime according to agreed SLAs
- You get things done, but also enjoy having fun with colleagues
Why you belong here
- With approx. 1,700 employees, FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
- Our new division FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark as well as hubs in Copenhagen and Warsaw.
- We anticipate continued expansion in our software services, so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
- Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table, take ownership, and make a real difference. You will be part of creating a working culture where we have fun and learn quickly, whilst benefiting from the long-term focus of the FOSS company.
Ready to embark our new division´s journey?
We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, so we look forward to hearing from you soon! Please note that we only consider applications received through the link below. For further information regarding the job, please feel free to contact Claus Møller Bech, Head of Platform and Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org or +45 2420 8102).
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimizing production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimize the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs approximately 1,700 highly qualified people worldwide.