Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Pellérdi út 91/B
Join Soft Flow as a Senior Electrical Design Engineer in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analyzed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, please join to our inspiring, open minded team located at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions in hardware development. Therefore, we are looking for a talented and devoted Senior Electrical Design Engineer. You will help us to develop world leading instruments from concept until release to production and sales. Being first and best takes something extra
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer’s main task will be to take a technical and development lead on the electrical part of the product development. As an electrical engineer you will be responsible for the electronic design from concept to final verified product in co-operation with local and Danish R&D design team.
The senior electrical designer follows the agreed guidelines from the electrical function and suggests improvements in order to improve Quality, reliability, delivery and cost.
There will be occasional visits to the R&D department in Hillerød, Denmark to get a visual and hands-on understanding of the problems, working methods and meet the other project team members
- Developing system design
- Coordinating team’s work
- Electronics circuit design and simulation
- VHDL programming and test to trouble shooting interfaces to optics and mechanics
Qualifications and Experience
You must share our passion for electronics and technology development at a very high and challenging level. Since we are establishing our new Hardware Development Department, we are currently looking for a Lead Electronic Engineer.
- BSc in electronic engineering with 8+ years’ relevant work experience in R&D after graduation
- English is a requirement (both written and verbal)
- The ideal candidate will have experience with design of analog circuits (filters, amplifier and A/D circuits), creating electro-mechanical driver circuits for motors, solenoids, valves etc., modelling DC-DC power supplies, design of digital electronics (µc and FPGA circuits)
- Experience with VHDL programming of Xilinx FPGA, Orcad Capture, PSpice
It is an advantage if you have:
- Experience with PCB layout EMC correct instrument and PCB design
- MSc degree in electronic engineering
- Taking responsibility as well as being engaged and committed about your job and tasks
- Taking responsibility on the team’s performance
- Taking review comments as a way to become an even better engineer
- Team-player with a positive mindset, sharing knowledge and having a natural curiosity about other job disciplines
- Creativity with a great deal of ingenuity
- Structured and attentive to details
- Eagerness to follow projects to the end and see results
- Ability to plan own time, take the lead on technical challenges, and coordinate tasks within the projects
- Thriving with many different types of tasks, including hands-on work
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- Opportunities for you to make independent, dynamic and fast decisions, constant learning challenges through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Partial Home Office possibility
- Rental support for 3 months in the event of relocation
- Send us your application via the link below.
- We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact István Háber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 30 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 90 highly qualified employees. We have moved to a state-of-the-art new facility in Pécs, Hungary recently.
Follow us on www.softflow.com.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product.
FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials.
Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat.
FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology.
FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.