Product Specialist – Chemometric data analysis on Food and Feed applications.
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast-growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. Through FOSS advanced analytical solutions, we help our customers lower their production costs and better manage product quality. We are the global leader within our business area and have clear ambitions to further strengthen this position. If this sounds like something getting you out of bed every Monday morning, then read on.
We are now looking for a systematic and support oriented Product Specialist.
This is your opportunity to jump straight into an exciting adventure as you get to join our Product Management team of 40 persons, based in both Hillerød, Denmark and Suzhou, China. Being part of the teams working behind the scenes, we make sure our global Service organisation is trained and supported as the customer is central to everything we do at FOSS. You will gain a central global role, where you on NIR, FTIR and X-Ray solutions, carry out application performance evaluations, extension/optimization of calibrations, troubleshooting as well as advisory and consultancy to FOSS sales and service. A systematic and methodical approach is needed to succeed. You will be one of three Product Specialists and work in a engaged team of Product Managers and Global Support Specialists working across the entire organisation.
Our team is dedicated, ambitious, and is aware that we are better if all contributes and work together. We care for each other and love a good laugh. We are located at FOSS Innovation Center in Hillerød
All tasks concern FTIR/NIR/X-Ray solutions in Dairy, Feed/Forage and Meat applications.
- Performance evaluation of existing calibration models in dialogue with local experts and customers.
- Data analysis based troubleshooting where solutions do not perform according to specifications using spectral checks or algoritmes using spectra input.
- Develop/extend calibration PLS or Outlier models to new products or applications.
- Pre-sales or post sales advisory/consultancy support related.
To succeed in the role, you should have the following skills and experience: Degree in engineering, foodscience, chemistry or experiences from data analysis support positions. Recently graduated are also welcomed to apply.
- True interest in calibration support and consultancy
- Experience with chememotric methods and tools
- MatLab experience or similar data analysis tool experience
- Broad technical understanding of HW, SW and analytical solutions
- Relevant experience from food and agricultural industries in a global company
- Experience in working cross-functionally in a complex organization.
- Since corporate language is English, it is a prerequisite that you are excellent in both written and spoken English
In addition, the following is considered an advantage:
- Experience with FTIR, NIR and X-Ray spectroscopy
- Process application knowledge in Dairy, Feed and Forage
- PAT/in-line process control knowledge
- Good communication skills, verbal and in writing.
- A team player within the team and in the entire organization
- Customer oriented mind-set
An motivating and challenging job in an international relaxed atmosphere with strong focus on successful support execution and change management. We place emphasis on a high level of own drive and responsibility as well as success as a team.
FOSS is a global company, and we have a strong cooperation with our colleagues in Suzhou (China) and the Sales & Service colleagues distributed across the globe. Being part of the PM team at FOSS means that you will be working with super knowledgeable colleagues in a great team atmosphere, and where we strive to be and act as one team – regardless of location, background, and roles.
We in PM and FOSS is on a mission and we sincerely hope you will join us!
If you have any questions regarding the position please contact Segment Product Manager John Hørlyk on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link in this job add. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.