Researcher in Biotechnology
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as a Researcher in R&D – and support the process of creating world-class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet's agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agriculture, and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production, and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require a world-class support team. Therefore, we are expanding our Core Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted
Researcher – Biotechnology
- Developing and validating multiplex kits and processes for food safety applications
- Designing, performing and evaluating flow cytometry and ELISA based experiments
- Developing and optimizing other immunoassay based tests
- Collaborating with different R&D teams of the company
- Adhering to ISO-9001:2015 and participating in creating and maintaining related documents
- Transferring developed methods to the production department
- Active participation in research grant applications, project coordination, report writing
- Following current scientific trends and technologies
Qualification and Experience
- Holding BSc degree in biology, or biotechnology, or chemistry or related field
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal), Hungarian knowledge is a plus
- Experience in experiment design and evaluation
- Knowledge of different statistical concepts
It’s a bonus if you have:
- 1-2 years proven experience in immunoassay development would be counted as a plus
- High level English knowledge is a plus
- Hands on experience in flow cytometry and ELISA
Candidates without work experience will be also considered!
- Demonstrated experience in established problem-solving techniques
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with and influence other individuals and groups in a positive, team-based environment
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency and can be impartial and objective, keeping deadlines
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- Opportunities for you to make independent, dynamic, and fast decisions, constant learning challenges through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Relocation support
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Balázs Berkics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 90 highly qualified employees. In the coming years, we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs.
Follow us on www.softflow.com.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high-quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, global food production will have to increase by 60 percent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which creates new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark, and development and production take place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.