C# Cloud Developer - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose
And we hope you are too! A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60% by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe ourselves to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS is stepping into a new digital business area, with FOSS Software Services
FSS is a new division focusing on creating the digital solutions for the future of the food and agriculture industries. This is changing the game for food safety and quality control on a global scale.
The new division is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to the two well-known and current locations, also add a new Start Up Hub in Copenhagen, creating a digital, entrepreneurial, and innovative environment, with easy access and new collaborations with scientists, universities, customers, and other innovation companies specialised in the food and agriculture industries.
If you want to be part of this incredible new journey for FOSS, then read on.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the first software team in FOSS
You will ensure we have a successful establishment of this new software department.The new department will work closely together with HQ on cloud based digital services where we use the latest cloud technologies in our products.
FOSS is responsible for developing innovative cloud based services using data from our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
You will be part of a scrum team and your primary tasks will involve:
- Development and maintenance of the cloud platform written in .NET
- Refactor existing solution to accommodate new requirements and adapt new technologies
- Design solutions accommodate new requirements and adapt new cloud technologies
- Extend and evolve APIs to allow easy access for external developers/systems
- Deliver a high quality cloud service , ensure proper test coverage, optimize performance
For this we will provide proper training and introduction to our platforms, how our digital solutions are developed and insight into the specific digital platform requirements and specifications. We further expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-border collaboration between the new team and cloud development at HQ. Our solutions are mainly implemented using C# and based on Microsoft Azure.
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- 3-4 years of proven track record as a strong backend developer in C#/.NET environment
- Solid experience with client/server development or similar architectures
- Capability of database development and management (SQL)
It is an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge in Unit testing and TDD
- Knowledge of Agile development and Scrum
- Experience with Cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
- Tried working in a visual task management context like Azure DevOps or Jira
- Understand the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team.
- You have a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty and you believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution
- Having DevOps mindset
- Good communication skills, team-player attitude
- English at least at CEFR level B1 –Intermediate
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit.
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities.
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- Our relocation program provides free accommodation for 3 months.
Ready to join us?
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and your application via the link below as soon as possible, we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Please note that only applications sent via the link below will be considered.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.