Frontend Developer - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose
And we hope you are too! A rapidly growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase 60% by 2050 to meet demand. To follow trend, the farmers and food producers of the world will need to pursue new ways of improving quality and efficiency, and we believe ourselves to be in a unique position to help them achieve that goal.
FOSS is stepping into a new digital business area, with FOSS Software Services
FSS is a new division focusing on creating the digital solutions for the future of the food and agriculture industries. This is changing the game for food safety and quality control on a global scale.
The new division is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to the two well-known and current locations, also add a new Start Up Hub in Copenhagen, creating a digital, entrepreneurial, and innovative environment, with easy access and new collaborations with scientists, universities, customers, and other innovation companies specialised in the food and agriculture industries.
If you want to be part of this incredible new journey for FOSS, then read on.
The role in short
We are looking for front end software developers with experience with Angular and TypeScript. It’s an extra benefit if you from time to time can contribute across the whole stack in both front- and back-end tasks (C# running on MS .NET Azure). As a person, you enjoy working in a scrum team where you will both be working on feature estimates and specification, design & implementation as well as test and delivery.
You want to make a difference, both in the team, and with the services we develop. You have a good sense of balance between delivering customer value and “good enough” software quality to meet market needs in time.
So, if IoT, MS Azure DevOps, SCRUM, AI & Analytics, Angular/TypeScript & Auth0 based secure development all sound familiar and exiting to you – you could be our new colleague!
How we work
FOSS is on a steep growth trajectory these years, and we are ramping up on software development in our Digital Business department. As software developer, you will join 20 highly skilled colleagues in our Scrum-based Digital Services development team. As mentioned, we are on a mission to ensure FOSS’ transition into the digital domain by providing value-adding digital services to our customers. In FOSS there are more than 150 software developers, so we have great experience with all technologies, principles and environments.
We work closely with product management to understand user needs, and based on their feedback, we deliver the digital services that provide the best value for our customers.
We have a strong and secure development setup where gated check-ins, automated unit- and integration tests is part of our daily work. Static code analysis and vulnerability scanning is fully integrated in our pipelines and in general we focus a lot on making secure, robust and maintainable code. DevOps is a methodology that we follow and want to focus on even more going forward.
“The time it takes from an idea to become reality and available for our customers has been brought down to a few days thanks to a strong development team, amazing new cloud solutions and a strong DevOps mentality.” – Jens Christensen, Product Owner
About the job
Depending on your skills and areas of interest, you will:
- Develop applications that runs on the Microsoft Azure platform.
- Design new features together with the product owner, product specialists and other stakeholders
- Design and implement features in Angular/TypeScript, and perhaps contribute on back-end tasks in C#.
- Ensure test and documentation of your work using automated test frameworks and SwaggerHub
- Write unit- and integration tests as part of the everyday development flow
- Groom, estimate and plan backlog items for upcoming sprints in collaboration with the product owner and team members
- You have a background as a software engineer, IT-engineer, computer scientist or similar, with preferably 4 or more years of relevant experience from a similar position in an agile environment
- You are an excellent and experienced Angular/TypeScript developer.
- You might know your way around C# and .net core, even though its not your super strength and primary focus.
- You have experience with modern cloud hosting and service platforms, preferably Microsoft Azure
- You have profound experience working with REST APIs and Entity Framework
- You speak and write English well enough to have good constructive dialogue with your colleagues around the world, mostly in Denmark.
- You know good user experience and focus on data security, speed and reliability
- You are a team player, and knows the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- You have a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty
- You believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution – experience with TDD is considered an advantage
- You have a sense of ownership of the solutions you develop, and want to do your best to make sure they run as good as possible
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Global Head of Development, FOSS Software Services, Jacob Hansen on +45 27616961 or JAH@FOSS.DK
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and your application via the link below as soon as possible, we conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Please note that only applications sent via the link below will be considered.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.