Field Based Service Engineer
FOSS Britain & Ireland (F-BI)
Suite E, Chadwick House, Warrington Road, Birchwood Park
GB-WA3 6AE Birchwood, Warrington
The FOSS organisation has over 50 years’ experience in serving industry worldwide with quality analytical instrumentation. The company supplies dedicated analytical solutions for quality and production control for the Food Industry.
FOSS Britain and Ireland (FOSS BI) has regionally based sales, applications, and customer support personnel throughout the region. Their talented team is ready to help improve the efficiency, control, and profitability of their customer’s operations.
The role is responsible for supporting activities across the whole territory, with travel to carry out duties at customer sites. To minimize travel time the successful candidate will be required to reside in and around the Cork area.
The Service Engineer (SE) has the main responsibility for carrying out breakdown support, planned maintenance activity, installation, commissioning and training at customer premises on FOSS equipment. Reporting to the Service Director, the SE will be communicating and working closely together with other FOSS colleagues, as well as having daily contact with customers. The role will require extensive travel within region often at short notice and requires stay away from home as required to carry out the role.
- Be available to travel to customers at short notice to carry out work as requested by the Service Coordinator or Service Director, across the FOSS -BI region.
- To assist in or lead the Installation, maintenance, and repair of FOSS equipment at customer sites and other locations.
- Provide phone support to customers and recommend action to be taken – order parts, service visit, etc.
- Liaise with the customer administration team to advise on escalations.
- Assist with out of hours phone support as per agreement with our contract customers.
- Complete all Service Orders assigned in a timely and accurate manner, within one day of any customer visit.
- Liaise with sales colleagues to assist and support with technical questions and demo support as requested via service coordination.
- Assist and support Service Coordinator and logistics staff with technical expertise and advice.
- Assist and support colleagues with request for technical support and assistance as and when required
- Train users in software applications and correct equipment operation and maintenance
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by carrying out assigned activities in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction by monitoring assigned support activities and maintaining an appropriate level of communication with Service Director and Service Co-Ordinator.
- Comply with safety standards, company policies, and business objectives.
- Maintain accurate accounts of services performed. Submit activity and expense reports using designated resources according to company and department policy and procedures, maintain compliance with all company metrics as per annual objectives set by the Service Director and FOSS management team.
- Attend service meetings and training sessions as required.
- Act as the eyes and ears of FOSS and feedback any competitor information to the FOSS management team.
The above are expected to be the main tasks of the role holder but are not exhaustive. Additional activities will from time to time be required on an ad-hoc basis as and when required by the Service Director.
- The ideal candidate has a higher, preferably technical education, and experience in a field-based customer role, as well as experience in communicating and dealing with customers and departments within a large corporate organisation.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint and excel is required writing reports and preparing data analysis.
- Has a strong interpersonal and communication skill.
- Has a high degree of integrity and professionalism.
- Is structured, well organized and conscientious.
- Is able to demonstrate an ability to self-start.
- Is able to demonstrate an ability to prioritize both own workload and escalations.
- Is a good team-player and is able to work across internal organization matrix.
- Is a strong relationship-builder, both internally and externally.
- Has the ability to deal with work tasks in a prompt and professional manner.
- Has the sense of urgency and keeps deadlines.
to apply for the role, please send your CV and cover letter by clicking 'apply'.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.