Lead Data Scientist - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Do you want to use your data science expertise to help hundreds of food and agriculture companies increase food sustainability and safety?
Food processing and agriculture companies all over the world already use FOSS’ instruments and digital services for reliable analysis of food at every stage of production. These customers are now asking how we can help with their own digitalization journeys.
FOSS’ vision is ‘Feeding the food value chains with trust, quality and insights’.
A core part of this vision is to help customers make faster, better-informed business decisions, eg:
- how can we identify and react faster to food safety issues?
- how is this year’s harvest different to last year’s?
- where can we reduce waste and energy consumption?
We are now expanding our range of offerings with the launch of FOSS Software Services (FSS)
FSS is our new division, focusing on creating the digital solutions for the future of the food and agriculture industries.
For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers.
So, we are now building a new team of data scientists and analysts in FSS dedicated to delivering the foundations for these offerings. If you want to be part of this incredible new journey for FOSS, then read on.
We are looking for a lead data scientist within this team to drive the quality, reliability and stability of the data insights that we deliver
Over the next 18 months, the main responsibilities are to lead the exploration and maturing of specific pilot projects and working processes. Longer term, you will be responsible for building the portfolio of analytical models, common tools and standards, and to develop and coach junior team members. Your primary tasks will include:
- Working with Analytics and Insights Manager and Product Managers to clarify customer requirements, and then define optimal analytical models and approach for each new service
- Leading co-development projects with selected customers to develop new analytical models and techniques
- Leading and coaching the 2-3 junior team members in developing, maturing and continuously refining the models to support different customer applications
- Establishing a portfolio of models that can be used to serve the needs of our various customer segments
- Working with the FSS Development and FSS Platform teams to migrate new models into production and deliver new services to customers
- Working with data science and software teams across FOSS to identify new opportunities and analytical approaches and expand the services we provide
We imagine you come with the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ business experience of innovating, maturing and rolling out new analytical models
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of languages (eg, you will have colleagues working with Matlab, Python and R) and data platforms
- Broad data science expertise and ability to coach colleagues on data management, data analytics and BI projects
- Masters in either Economics, Data Science or a similar quantitative discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in developing and coaching junior team members
- Proven track record for exploring, developing and maturing new analytical approaches to address new use cases and decision processes
- Fluency in English, since this is the corporate language in FOSS
- Experience of working with external users and customers would be preferable
- Experience from industrial hardware or processes, or food industry, preferable
We are looking for you if you wish to join an evolving environment where you can build strong internal networks and initiate cross-functional approaches that combine data analytics and domain expertise. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are excited by delivering new customer solutions. And last but not least, you enjoy working with data engineering and data architect colleagueswhile building up the processes and tools needed to deliver analytical services to end users
Why should you consider us?
With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a size where you can make a difference. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
The FSS division is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen. We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Working as Lead Data Scientist at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have lasting impact. You will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally in a team oriented and purpose driven company.
Ready to embark on our new division´s journey?
We look forward to hearing from you - please note that we only consider applications received through the link below. For further information regarding the job, please feel free to contact Jai Mukherjee, Head of Product Management and Innovation, at email@example.com or on +45 30 10 26 44.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.