Analytics and Insights Manager - FOSS Software Services
FOSS Software Services
Do you want to use your experience in Data Analytics and BI to help thousands of food and agriculture companies to increase food sustainability and safety?
Food processing and agriculture companies all over the world already use FOSS’ instruments and digital services for reliable analysis of food at every stage of production. These customers are now asking how we can help with their own digitalization journeys.
FOSS’ vision is ‘Feeding the food value chains with trust, quality and insights’. A core part of this vision is to help customers make faster, better-informed business decisions, such as:
- how can we identify and react faster to food safety issues?
- how is this year’s harvest different to last year’s?
- where can we reduce waste and energy consumption?
We are now expanding our range of offerings with the launch of FOSS Software Services (FSS).
Our new division is focusing on creating the digital solutions for the future of the food and agriculture industries.
For over thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions. The new offerings from FSS will expand the range of insights, reporting services and decision support tools we provide for our customers.
So, we are now building a new team of data scientists and analysts in FSS dedicated to delivering the foundations for these offerings. If you want to be part of this incredible new journey for FOSS, then read on.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative leader to build this new team
Over the next 18 months, the main responsibilities are to build up a small team, the pilot projects and working processes. Longer term, you will be responsible for building the portfolio of analytical models and organizational set up to support a broad pipeline of new offerings. Your main tasks will include:
- Establishing and leading a small team of 3-4 data scientists in either Hillerød or a new hub in central Copenhagen
- Working with our FSS Product Managers to define customer requirements and prioritize what analytics services are needed
- Work with Lead Data Scientist to develop and mature the portfolio of tools and models that can be used to serve the needs of our various customer segments
- Driving the ongoing processes to secure the quality of data solutions and technical expertise in the team
- Establishing working processes, tools and capabilities to support agile development of new reporting and BI services for customers
- Providing functional input and expertise to define long-term plans for the infrastructure and organization in FSS
- Working with market management, innovation and platform teams to identify new opportunities and technologies to expand the services we provide
We imagine you come with the following experience:
- At least 5 years’ business experience of innovating, maturing and rolling out new reporting and insights services
- Hands-on experience across BI, data science and data management platforms and projects
- Strong technical background and ability to coach colleagues on data management, data analytics and BI projects
- Masters in either Economics, Data Science or a similar quantitative discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience as a people manager or team leader
- Proven track record for identifying emerging user needs and requirements and proactively delivering concrete solutions to address these
- Fluency in English, since this is the corporate language in FOSS
- Experience of working with external users and customers would be preferable
- Experience from industrial hardware or processes, or food industry, preferable
People who work with you describe you as someone who
We are looking for you if you thrive leading and coaching a team in an evolving environment while building strong internal networks and initiating cross-functional approaches that combine data analytics and domain expertise. You have an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, and are excited by building a new business area.
You focus on understanding all aspects of business problems, and how new decision tools can be embedded in day-to-day work. And last but not least, you enjoy working with data engineering and data architect colleagues,while building up the processes and tools needed to deliver analytical services to end users.
Why should you consider us?
With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a size where you can make a difference. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey.
FSS is expected to count 100 employees before the end of 2023 and will be based at FOSS Innovation Centre in Hillerød, Denmark and in Warsaw, Poland. We will, in addition to these established locations, add a dedicated hub in central Copenhagen. We anticipate increased digital business development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Working as Analytics and Insight Manager at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have lasting impact. You will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally in a team oriented and purpose driven company.
Ready to embark our our new division´s journey?
We look forward to hearing from you - please note that we only consider applications received through the link below. For further information regarding the job, please feel free to contact Jai Mukherjee, the Head of Product Management and Innovation, at email@example.com or on +45 30 10 26 44
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.