Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow as a Software Tester in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to make a strong contribution to this. Around 80% of grain and 85% of milk traded on the world market is analyzed using FOSS solutions, so improvements we develop can truly make a global difference. If that sounds like something you would like to work for, please join to our inspiring, open minded team located in Pécs, Hungary which already consists of more than 20 experts.
The R&D software department at our HQ near Copenhagen consists of more than 100 software developers and makes up for about 1/3 of the whole R&D organization at FOSS. Our SW department is responsible for developing innovative software solutions in excellent quality using the latest technologies for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the first software team in our new software department and ensure we have a successful establishment of our software department at Soft Flow. The new department will work closely together with HQ on interdisciplinary projects where we integrate advanced technologies and software into our products.
The SW department is responsible for developing software for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
Your primary tasks will involve:
- Develop test cases, test scenarios based on user stories
- Produce (and analyze) test data
- Plan test execution
- Execute manual tests on virtual/physical instruments according to the test cases
- Report and manage bugs in Azure DevOps
- Support the developers during the bug fixing
- Recommend quality and UX improvements for the developers
For this we will provide proper inhouse training and introduction to our software platforms, instruments and insight into the related requirements and specifications. We further expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-boarding collaboration between the new team in Pécs and software development at HQ.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have 5-10 traveling days per year to Denmark.
- At least 2 years’ experience with software testing
It is an advantage if you have:
- ISEB or ISTQB software tester certification
- Experience with development of test automation – preferably using C#
- Knowledge of Agile development and Scrum
- Previous experience working in a laboratory environment
- Domain knowledge from the food industry
- Team player attitude, knowing the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- Strong motivation to become an expert in software testing
- Ability to understand complex solutions, to see the big picture meanwhile taking care about the details
- Ability to help teams analyze and investigate issues, explore solutions, learn and reflect
- Ability to communicate clearly and proactively
- A good command of English and Hungarian (official project language is English) both speaking and writing
- Self-driven, and ability to take initiatives
- Structured and focused to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects where you can grow in expertise and your work has a serious impact on the outcome of the project
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Housing assistance for 3 months in case of relocation
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Gábor Lehotai at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 30 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 80 highly qualified employees in the field of biotechnology, software and hardware development.
Follow us on www.softflow.com
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.