Regional Sales Manager - East North Central
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
FOSS is very proud of contributing to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We provide analytics beyond measure to add value to our customers by improving quality and optimizing food and agricultural production. It guides our work and describes the very essence of FOSS and the purpose of what we do.
Today, FOSS has more than 1500 dedicated employees globally, generating revenue of more than 2.3 billion DKK. With Production and R&D companies in Denmark, Sweden, United States, and China, and 33 fully owned sales and service companies and more than 100 exclusive dealers throughout the world, we regard customer support and service as their highest priority.
FOSS North America
In North America, there is a regionally based service and support structure to assure efficient Customer Support throughout the United States and Canada. Assistance with application development is available from our food science and spectroscopy experts, and they have ready access to the worldwide expertise of the entire FOSS Group. Our talented team is ready to help improve the efficiency, control, and profitability of our clients’ operations.
Join us as Regional Sales Manager
You will be responsible for the sale of the organization's Grain and Feed portfolio products in the specified region of the East North Central part of the USA (IL, IN, OH, KY, WV). This position sells the Company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition, he/she provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. The Industry Sales Manager will report to the Grain and Feed Sales Director and will work out of a home located within the territory. Travel required in the range of 50%.
You will report to the Sales Director - John Folino and will work out of a home office. There are no direct reports to this position.
Major Position Accountabilities:
- Sell instrumentation to food producing, food processing and agricultural accounts, defined by FOSS Market Segments
- Responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and National Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Effective communication with the Regional Sales Director, Market Segment Managers and other persons in the company
- Complete a minimum of 8 sales calls per week
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Participate in trade shows
- Travel as necessary to cover the territory.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Agriculture, Milling or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role in a business-to-business sales environment
- A strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales; experience in driving revenue in technical products/instruments strongly preferred
- Experience in cross-selling and Value Based Selling (benefits and profit enhancement proposition) rather than selling price alone
- Computer skills for proposals and presentations including Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint and Excel required
Critical Success Factors:
- Excellent sales skills
- Action oriented with a proven ability to achieve results
- Strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and styles
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Experience as a self-starter and multi-tasker, self-motivated, with a capacity to perform in a fast paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
Ready to join us?
Joining FOSS, you will get a challenging job in an international and innovative company, where you will work with exciting projects in a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
If you would like to apply for the position, please click on the link below. Please note that we only accept application sent via that link. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.