5, 3-4 Anzed Court
FOSS is very proud of contributing to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We provide analytics beyond measure to add value to our customers by improving quality and optimizing food and agricultural production. It guides our work and describes the very essence of FOSS and the purpose of what we do.
For our sales and service subsidiary in Pacific, covering both Australia and New Zealand, we are looking for a Financial controller. Our office is located in Mulgrave Victoria, and counts approx. 42 employees. As Financial controller, you will be responsible for accounting, internal and external reporting and administrative processes
What comes with this challenge:
- True finance business partnering role
- Responsible for month-end closing activities, including preparation and posting journal entries and reconciliation of general ledger accounts. Ensure transactions are prepared in accordance with Australia and New Zealand Accounting Standards.
- Prepare required monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting.
- Responsible for the in-time review and sign-off of tax and statutory reporting requirements in Australia and New Zealand, including – GST, FBT, Income Tax
- Payroll Tax and Workcover reconciliations
- Responsible for financial management reporting to head quarter and important player in management reporting to HQ in general.
- Responsible for preparation of budget and estimations to head quarter.
- Cash Management, constantly searching for improvements and Sign-off bank payments.
- Calculation of commission/bonus for accrue and payment.
- Primary HR contact for both legal and payroll in the issues related to tax and accounting and reporting requirements.
- Development and improvements of local policies and procedures and processes.
- Drive and ensure compliance with local laws & regulations, and company policies.
- Manage local IT contractor
- Team management of 5 people
- Cradle to grave order management – Order to cash
- Review and sign off on all T&Cs from suppliers and customers for instrument sales. Working with external legal where required.
- Ability to be “hands on” building and managing all accounting requirements
- Ability to lead and influence
- Able to communicate complex financial issues in simple, concise and understandable terms
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the business
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Highly customer-service oriented
- Excellent knowledge of Australian and New Zealand Accounting Standard, corporate reporting, tax legislation.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Accountant or Controller
- CA or CPA qualified
- SAP Experience
Ready to join us?
Joining FOSS, you will get a challenging job in an international and innovative company, where you will work with exciting projects in a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
If you would like to apply for the position, please click on the link below. Please note that we only accept application sent via that link. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.