Are you FOSS’ new Sustainability Manager?
Long before the term “sustainability” was coined, we walked the talk. ''
Acting responsibly and with integrity has been our approach to doing business since the inception of our company in 1956 by Nils Foss. FOSS’ mission is all about the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. Hence, our solutions help our customers improve quality and optimize food and agricultural production. Put simply, our solutions enable customers to address pressing global sustainability issues like population growth, scarce resources, food safety scandals and climate change.
At present we are looking for a dedicated sustainability professional to take to us to the next level in our sustainability journey. As Sustainability Manager at FOSS, your job will be to lead and drive sustainability activities across our global operations. A very important part of the role is collaborating with different functions and building competencies across the organisation. Reporting to the SVP of HR, you will be based in Global HR in Hillerød, which has a team of approximately 10 employees.
FOSS is committed to operating in a sustainable manner and is an active participant of the UN Global Compact as well as a member of the Sedex initiative. We are also committed to supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals with a particular focus on SDGs #2, #3, #8 and #12, which we have determined as the most relevant for our business.
Does this sound like something that could get you out of bed Monday morning? Then you might want to consider applying.
Working as Sustainability Manager you will have a variety of different tasks. Some of which are described below.
- Handling customer requests for documentation on our sustainability performance
- Conducting Internal SEDEX audits, together with our Compliance teams, against criteria in the areas of labour rights, health & safety, labour rights, the environment and business ethics
- Producing our annual sustainability report, which details our efforts and progress in addressing the UN Global Compact’s ten principles in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption
- Keeping up to date with new sustainability requirements and regulations, e.g. UK / Australian Modern Slavery Act and the EU Energy Directive
Furthermore, you will run various sustainability projects across FOSS:
- Building competencies across the organisation and different functions
- Working with internal stakeholders on the development of sustainability audits in our supply chain
- Documenting the sustainability impact of our solutions
- Integrating sustainability into our company and employer branding
- Reducing our environmental footprint, e.g. reduction of waste in our production
- Driving initiatives to ensure that we progress against the UN Global Compact’s 10 principles
Who are you?
We are looking for a well rounded candidate with an interest in, and experience in sustainability. We expect your educational background to be a master’s degree.
In addition, you have:
- Minimum 5 years work experience – preferably from an international organization.
- Documented experience with project management.
- Excellent communication, as well as relationship and stakeholder-building capabilities
- An analytical and pragmatic mindset
Why should you consider us?
With approx. 1,500 employees, FOSS has a size where you can make a difference. The Board of Directors and management are committed to sustainability and at FOSS, sustainability is more than a buzzword.
Working as Sustainability Manager at FOSS will give you the opportunity to work on strategic projects that will have lasting impact on sustainability. You will collaborate with employees and managers across FOSS globally in a purpose driven company.
If you are intersted in the position, please do not hesitate to send your CV and application via the link below. We're reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.