Production and Supply Chain
FOSS is very proud of contributing to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We provide analytics beyond measure to add value to our customers by improving quality and optimizing food and agricultural production. It guides our work and describes the very essence of FOSS and the purpose of what we do.
Does that sound like a journey you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning? Then you might be the LEAN specialist we are looking for.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing the LEAN strategy in Production & Supply Chain
In ths position, you will be responsible for the development and deployment of LEAN tools and methodology in our main Production facility in Hilleroed, in close collaboration with your colleagues in the Production management team - both in Denmark and China. This includes for example planning and facilitating Kaizen events.
You will also be part of defining and planning the strategic initiative: “Next Level Production” to reach a strong and suitable LEAN level in production, through (but not limited to) reduction of variance, cost and time but not compromising on “on time delivery” and quality.
Among others, your main tasks will include:
- Defining the training strategy and deploying LEAN capability based on training needs within the Production
- Engaging employees at the shop-floor and relevant stakeholders within and outside Production & Supply Chain in FOSS
- Collaborating with our Production & Supply Chain Excellence team, ensuring that continuous improvements are anchored into established executing models, processes, and best practices. This includes quantifying potentials in the current production setup.
What you bring to the table
If you can recognize yourself in most of the following points, we look forward to hearing from you:
- Academic background within Production – Master degree is an advantage
- Minimum 5+ years of LEAN experience in an international company, preferable within high-tech production
- A certification or education in LEAN and continuous improvement disciplines is required - with a proven successful track record together with experience with LEAN in different environments (i.e. manufacturing and new product introduction)
- Capable of setting direction for LEAN strategy together with the Production management team and capability development within the organization
- Significant implementation and facilitation skills and the ability to create impact and connect with our stakeholders as well as written/verbal presentation and communication skills in Danish and English
- High degree of coaching and mentoring skills
- A thorough understanding of Kaizen approach, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Flow, Kanban, Visual Management, Tact & Pull systems are prerequisites
It is very important that you can play an enthusiastic role in defining the LEAN strategy. We therefore imagine you as a result-focused, team-oriented person, who possesses strong influence and interpersonal skills. You have experience within change management and process implementation. You manage to keep your eyes on the horizon and still walk the talk as part of the implementation and execution on shop floor.
This is an exciting position where your abilities will set the barre for our LEAN ambitions in FOSS, in close collaboration with the management team. You will refer to the Plant manager and be part of a strong and experienced Production management team.
You will join an international and innovative company, where you will work with exciting projects in a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded spirit. The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning. FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
Ready to join a company on a mission?
If you would like to apply for the position, please click on the link below. Please note that we only accept application sent via that link.
For any questions please contact Plant Manager, Christine Fisker: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.