Analytics and Insights Manager, Digital Business
Do you want to use your data science expertise to help hundreds of food and agricultural companies increase food safety and reduce costs or waste?
We are looking for the head of a new team of data scientists in our growing business unit, FOSS Digital Business (DB). This is a position for someone in the early stages of management, but at the heart of building a new business area, and so with great potential to grow your career.
FOSS has been a market leader in providing instruments to analyse food since 1956. For the last thirty years, data science has been at the heart of driving the accuracy, speed and convenience of our analytical solutions.
Like all industries, the food and agriculture sector is looking at how to harness the power of data. With thousands of our instruments already connected, our customers are asking us how we can help them on their own digitalization journeys.
DB is already making headway in introducing the next generation of analytical services. We see great potential to explore and expand this area further. So we are establishing the Analytics and Insights team; dedicated to building the analytical foundations for new services for our customers.
Our vision is ‘Feeding the food value chains with trust, quality and insights’. A core part of this vision is to use the data from our instruments to enable faster, better-informed business decisions. For example: how can they identify and react faster to food safety issues?; how is this year’s harvest different to last year’s?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative leader for this new team. Over the next 12 months, the main responsibilities are to build up a small team, the pilot projects and working processes. Longer term, you will be responsible for building the portfolio of analytical models and organizational set up to support a borad pipeline of new customer services.
You will report to the Head of Business, Innovation and Marketing in DB. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and leading a small team of 3-4 data scientists in our head office in Hillerød (including defining the shared processes and tools to develop new models)
- Leading and coaching the team in developing, maturing and continuously improving individual models to support different customer applications
- Working with our DB Innovation and DB Product Management teams to identify customer needs and prioritize what models and services are needed
- Establishing a portfolio of models that can be used to serve the needs of our various customer segments
- Working with the DB Development and DB Platform teams to migrate new models into production and deliver nw services to customers
- Providing functional input and expertise to define long-term plans for the infrastructure and organization in DB
- Working with market management, innovation and embedded software teams across FOSS to identify new opportunities and technologies that could expand the services we provide
We are looking for candidates with
- a Masters in either Economics, Data Science or a similar quantitative discipline
- At least 5 years’ business experience of innovating, maturing and rolling out models
- Hands-on experience with a wide range of languages (eg, you will have colleagues working with Matlab, Python and R) and data platforms
- At least 2 years’ experience as a people manager or team leader
- A strong track record for combining innovation, strategic and operational perspectives
- Fluency in English, since this is the corporate language in FOSS
Experience working with industrial hardware or processes, or with the food or agricultural industry, would also be an advantage but is not mandatory
We are looking for a structured, purpose-driven and empathetic data scientist who naturally:
- Thrives on the challenge of leading and coaching other data scientists in a an evolving environment
- Has an entrepreneurial and commercial mindset and is excited by building a new business area
- Builds strong internal networks and initiates cross-functional approaches that combine data analytics and domain expertise
- Feels comfortable working with customers and other functions in developing new solutions
- Focuses on understanding all aspects of business problems, and how new decision tools can be embedded in day-to-day work
- And enjoys working with data engineering and data architect colleagues to build up the processes and tools needed to deliver analytical services to end users
We offer a challenging job in an international and innovative company that is a world leader in its field. We are market leaders within our field and very proud of the results we deliver. The role itself is a middle management level, but with great potential to grow and work across the entire organization.
You will get the opportunity to join our relatively young business unit. The team is highly skilled, ambitious and has an international flavor. You will also regularly work with advanced technology, cross-functional project teams, and in collaboration with some of the leading food compamies across the world.
Our work is based on trust and working in teams, and you can expect to enter a great working place where you can bring your ideas to the table and make a real difference. There will be a fair amount of travel activity to work with our subsidiaries and customers.
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Jai Mukherjee, the Head of Business, Innovation and Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +45 30 10 26 44
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.