Head of Service Excellence
Now more than ever, safe and high-quality foods are top priority. To us, this means growth on a global scale. In FOSS, we’re at the frontline of innovation, delivering analytical data of the highest quality to customers from multiple industries. Great customer relationships and excellent service are a vital part of our DNA, and we take pride in having the happiest customers, from start to end.
Do you want to take the FOSS Service organisation to a higher level?
FOSS aims to have a world-class integrated service organisation providing the best possible support to our customers all over the world. More than 350 dedicated service engineers and application specialists are ready to provide fast and effective support in every time zone.
This is your chance to jump straight into an international adventure as you get to streamline a service organisation reaching across 28 countries worldwide. You will get to establish yourself as a Service Excellence expert in FOSS, while making a difference in a global organisation whose products help ensure the quality of food globally.
Driving Service Excellence across our global Service organisation
Reporting to the VP Service Europe, you will be part of the Global Service Management Team (GSMT), building up an efficient continuous improvement (CI) engine to focus our efforts on service excellence. Further, you will lead the four dedicated teams in Service Excellence (3 direct reports) who specialize in and focus on strategic projects; competence development; CRM, processes, & tools; and digital service contract management. In total, Service Excellence consists of 12 employees.
Together with the GSMT, you will prioritize our strategic projects and ensure focus on execution of the right initiatives. Using your skills and experience in project management, you will drive your own strategic projects and support other project managers in Service Excellence and in the Service organization. That means building a continuous improvement culture throughout the Service organization, where improvement ideas are generated from all levels of the organization.
What you can expect
Taking on this position, your main tasks will include:
- Defining and implementing a continuous improvement way of working globally in collaboration with the GSMT and Service Excellence Mgmt
- Creating an´overview of current CI projects and identifying new focus areas
- Developing project management tools and capabilities in the Service organization
- Ensuring the development of your team – including performance appraisals and clear development paths for their specific focus areas
- Engaging and managing stakeholders across the business for key transformation and high-impact projects
- Joining and contributing actively to the cross-functional project execution with other functions in FOSS
Service Excellence Expert
Stepping into this role, you must be able to set direction while embracing and developing a team with vast global reach. To impact our change journey, you must be a strong collaborator who is able to connect and build effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business. Moreover, you:
- Have a solid CI background and experience with rolling out CI programmes and projects in a global organisation
- Have a solid management toolbox to develop and motivate an excellence organization
- Have all the necessary CI and lean tools to actively initiate organisational development
- Have experience from a similar service/production organisation or worked with similar companies from a background in the consultancy business
Send your application by following the link below. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review applications and conduct interviews on an ongoing basis.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.