Beer Industry Sales Manager
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
Now more than ever, safe and high-quality foods are top priority. To us, this means growth on a global scale. At FOSS, we’re at the frontline of innovation, delivering analytical data of the highest quality to customers from multiple industries. Great customer relationship and excellent service is a vital part of our DNA, and we take pride in having the happiest customers, from start to end.
We’re looking to expand our global team of dedicated sales and service colleagues – so if you want to work with some of the best customers in the business, this might be something for you.
We are looking for two Beer Industry Sales Managers
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, especially when it comes to drinking beer and we hope you are too! You will be joining our largest sales and service subsidiary in North America, reporting directly to the VP of Sales and covering Colorado and/or Mid- Atlantic (NJ, DE, MD).
You will be responsible for the sale of the organization's products in the specified market segment of Wine and Beer, with special focus on the beer Portfolio. This position sells the Company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the Foss products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition, you will provide input and participate in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services. You will work out of a home office, with travel activities (primary within US) up to 75% as required for the business.
An exciting challenge
Your job will be to sell instrumentation to craft breweries, as defined by the strategy of the Wine and Beer Segment in FOSS.
This includes to:
- Be responsible for overall sales performance in territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Work effectively within a team to achieve the overall segment budget responsibility.
- Take responsibility for establishing FOSS in the beer market within the craft brewing community.
- Collaborate with our Innovation Center in Denmark and local marketing for qualifying a whole new segment of customers and strategize on the most efficacious way to achieve fast market penetration.
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Master effective communication with the VP of Sales, Global Head of Wine & Beer and other key stake holders in the company
Furthermore, we expect you to provide proactive feedback to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate comes with a scientific background with understanding of fermentation processes and food science. We imagine your educational background to be a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science, Brew Master, Craft Brewer, Business, Marketing or other related field.
You have a solid knowledge (and ideally network) of the brewing process and craft brewing industry, and an awareness of the preferred brewing communication channels and dynamics. You have direct experience within the brewing industry (preferably in craft brewing) either at the brew house, in the lab, or indirect experience of working in the industry through B2B sales of other brewing equipment/ingredients.
You come with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role from a B2B sales environment and have experience in approaching a new market segment and promoting new portfolio products. You possess a strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales; as well as experience in driving revenue in technical products/instruments.
Experience in cross-selling and Value Based Selling (benefits and profit enhancement proposition) rather than selling price alone is preferred.
Excellent computer skills are desired for customer relationship management software, proposals and presentations including Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Critical Success Factors:
You possess excellent sales skills and a solid knowledge/network in the craft brewing business. If you are experienced within Fourier Transfer Infrared (FTIR) technology, it is a great plus.
If you can recognize following characteristics, you might be the one we are looking for:
- Action oriented with a proven ability to achieve results
- Strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Experience as a self-starter and multi-tasker, self-motivated, with a capacity to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for brewing and knowledge of US craft brands and trending beer styles
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
If you think the job is interesting - and you possess the necessary qualifications, please send a six-pack of beers with your application via the apply link. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS contributes to the sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources and thus to the nutrition and health of the people of the world. We make it our business to build analytical solutions, which add value by improving food quality and optimising production, from raw material to finished product. FOSS helps optimise the use of food and agricultural resources by enabling customers to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste, better quality, bigger yields, and more optimal use of raw materials. Always at the forefront of analytical technology development, FOSS provides a range of analytical solutions from laboratory to at-line and in-line solutions, across industries from dairy to grain and meat. FOSS provides instruments and solutions to the world’s 100 largest food companies and for more than 60 years, FOSS has been innovating analytical technology. FOSS was founded by Nils Foss in Hillerød in 1956. We are a family-owned, global company and our products and services are sold all around the world. FOSS employs more than 1,500 highly qualified people worldwide.