Assay Team Leader in R&D
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as an Assay Team Lead in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions. Therefore, we are expanding our Core Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted
Assay Team Leader
If you have a solid chemical/biological background, and want to play an important part in development, in cooperation with creative researchers, developers and process-oriented production teams, then you could be the new leader we are looking for!
Our project teams work in close cooperation through all the developments phases. We work with a broad range of technologies, both well established and ground breaking. You will be responsible for:
- Coordination and professional supervision of the Assay team’s daily tasks
- Expert support to running projects
- People management and representation of the team
- Budget planning and follow up
- Resource management
- Lab administration and monitoring of administrative activities of the team
- Planning, implementation and evaluation of immuno-assay based experiments
- Presenting results to stakeholders
- Mentoring team members
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc degree in biology, chemistry or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as researcher (at least 2 years in private sector is desired)
- Good communication skills in English and Hungarian (written and verbal)
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in Flow Cytometry and ELISA
- Previous leadership or project management experience
- Solid knowledge of basic laboratory techniques
- Expertise in immunoassays
- Ability to combine multidisciplinary activities
- High motivation, professional curiosity, searching challenges, precision and accuracy
- Application of analytical and experimental approaches in the same time
- Effective communication
What we offer
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey
- Accommodation for 3 months in the event of relocation
Please send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link.
We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact András Vida at + 06 20 449 38 10.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.