Cloud Operations Engineer
IT & Digital Business
+45 4820 8511
+45 5117 6668
Join Soft Flow Digital as a Cloud Operations Engineer – and be part of serving world class analytical solutions to the connected agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and produces less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class software solutions. That is why we are establishing Soft Flow Digital as a new Software Development Department at our subsidiary Soft Flow, in Pécs Hungary.
You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the first software team in Soft Flow Digital and ensure we have a successful establishment of this new software department at Soft Flow. The new department will work closely together with HQ on cloud based digital services where we use the latest cloud technologies in our products.
Soft Flow Digital is responsible for developing innovative cloud-based services using data from our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. The digital services are hosted in a large-scale production environment in Microsoft Azure and our customers are expecting high quality service from us as our digital services is an integral part of the customers daily business.
You will be part of both a local scrum development team and a virtual Operations Team. Your primary tasks will involve:
- Deployment of Cloud Services
- Installing and upgrading of VM based Services
- Proactive monitoring and optimization of the cloud infrastructure for cost and performance
- 2nd line support of Digital Services
- Facilitate the link between software development and production environment (DevOps)
For this we will provide proper training and introduction to our platforms, how our digital solutions are deployed and insight into the specific digital platform requirements and specifications. We further expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-border collaboration between the new team in Pécs and the operations team at HQ as well as the IT department. Our solutions are mainly implemented using C# and based on Microsoft Azure.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have maximum 5-10 traveling days per year.
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- 3-4 years of proven track record as a strong IT Supporter
- Good customer communication skills
- Solid experience with Windows Servers
- Database management skills (DBA)
- Experience with cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
- Understanding of the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- Being a team player, knowing the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- Having a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty and you believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution
- Having a mindset for Operational Excellence
- Good communication skills (both in English and Hungarian)
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit.
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities.
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth.
- Our relocation program provides free accommodation for 3 months.
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Enikő Végh at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS Digital Business
The business unit FOSS Digital Business was established in 2017 and is currently consisting of 70 FTE, delivering digital services to more than 11.000 connected installations globally. The organization encompasses the full value chain from innovation to product development, operations and sales. FOSS Digital Business works towards “Feeding global food value chains with trust, quality and insights’ to make sure we can feed a growing planet with nutritious quality food”.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and move to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analytical instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and increased yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. Therefore our mission is Analytics beyond measure. Read more about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analytical instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.