Industry Sales Manager, Grain and Feed, for Central Western USA
FOSS North America
6509 Flying Cloud Dr. Suite 130
US-55344 Eden Prairie
+1 +1952 974 9892 313
We are looking for an Industry Sales Manager for Central Western USA to join our largest sales- and service subsidiary in North America.
The Industry Sales Manager for Grain and Feed is responsible for the sale of the organization's products in the specified market segment of grain and feed for the specified region of the South Central part of the USA (Nebraska to Texas).
This position sells the Company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the Foss products/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation. In addition, he/she provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services.
The Industry Sales Manager will work out of a home office. Travel required (primary within US) in the range of 75%. The Industry Sales Manager reports to the VP of Sales. There are no direct reports to this position.
Position Requirements and Specifications
The ideal candidate comes with
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Agriculture, Milling or Engineering
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a sales role in a business-to-business sales environment
A strong track record of meeting/exceeding sales revenue projections in capital equipment sales; experience in driving revenue in technical products/instruments strongly preferred
Experience in cross-selling and Value Based Selling (benefits and profit enhancement proposition) rather than selling price alone
Computer skills for proposals and presentations including Microsoft Office suite applications such as PowerPoint and Excel required
Major Position Accountabilities:
You job is to sell instrumentation to food producing, food processing and agricultural accounts, defined by FOSS Market Segments.
This includes to:
- Be responsible for overall sales performance in the territory that is met in manner that maximizes customer satisfaction and is within sales budget for that region
- Create sales strategies for each account including Key Accounts and national Accounts
- Create and manage territory plan including measurable goals, dollars by product line, and timetable for actions
- Maintain accurate records with respect to prospects, pre-implementation planning/proposal preparation, sales calls, quotations, pricing, etc., using CRM system
- Master effective communication with the VP of Sales, Market Segment Managers and other persons in the company
Furthermore we expect you to
- Provide input to marketing/sales with respect to competition and competitive pricing including products, applications, new product development etc.
- Participate in trade shows
Critical Success Factors:
We are looking for an experienced candidates who comes with excellent sales skills from a B2B role
If you are experienced within near infrared (nir) technology it is a great plus.
If you can recognize following characteristics, you might be the one we are looking for:
- Action oriented with a proven ability to achieve results
- Strong customer focus with ability to effectively interact with current and prospective customers to close sales or provide customer care
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and styles
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Experience as a self-starter and multi-tasker, self-motivated, with a capacity to perform in a fast paced environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
If you think the job is interesting - and you possess the necessary qualifications, please send your application via the link below.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which creates new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned company FOSS was founded in 1956 in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark, Hungary and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.