Global Support Specialist-HW
Building 1, 6 Louyang Road SIP
Main Purpose of Job:
Product Management is a part of FOSS’ service organization reaching across 28 countries worldwide with more than 350 engineers and application specialists providing fast and efficient support for FOSS instrument solutions. Product Management is an organization with 50 specialists located in Denmark and China responsible for delivering product management, technical support to local service engineers as well as technical documentation and training.
You will be a Global Support Specialist in the Product Management Raw Milk Testing (RMT) Segment Support Team in Suzhou focused on FTIR and Flow Cytometry instruments.
The responsibilities are:
- Providing hardware support for FOSS’ instruments at a specialist level to FOSS’ Sales & Service Companies and distributors
- Expert instructor for service and product trainings
- Develop, review and maintain user and service documentation
- Reporting quality issues to Product Management and Quality
- Provide serviceability feedback to Development
Your home base will be in Suzhou, China and you will be part of RMT Segment Support team referring to Segment Support Manager Suzhou. There will be extensive travel to Denmark during the training period.
- Provide remote hardware support/troubleshooting to the field service organization and distributors for FOSS’ instruments
- Provide onsite customer and installation support, as needed
- Efficiently troubleshoot and escalate to next support line, Development, or Quality, as needed
- Create and maintain service, training & technical documentation
- Plan and conduct classroom, online & e-learning service trainings on the assigned portfolio of instruments
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders (engineering, R&D, and other departments) and ensure fact-based and timely communication
- Ensuring hardware problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction meeting our desired service level.
- Three years of experience with a proven track record within technical support/troubleshooting of analytical instruments or similar
- Fluency in written and spoken English, as well as Chinese, is an absolute requirement
- Demonstrated experience in conducting hands-on or classroom training and technical writing in English
- Able to learn quickly and understand complex tasks and systems
- Knowledge of/Experience with spectroscopy and flow cytometry is an advantage
- You “walk the talk” by having a positive outlook, demonstrating exceptional service-mindedness focused on the customer and approach your work in a systematic and analytical manner
- Good coordination, facilitator and negotiating skills to find comprise between competing interest, self-driven and good proactive communication skills
- Oversea education/working experience with a strong awareness of cultural differences is an advantage
- Working in an international organization is an advantage
- Able to travel worldwide, short-term oversea training as needed.
A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is the leader in its field. This means, that you will get the opportunity to work with advanced technology together with highly skilled colleagues in strong cross-functional teamwork.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high-quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China.
In 2008, with the implementation of the globalization strategy and meeting the market needs of China and Asia Pacific, FOSS established the first R&D and production base outside of Europe in Suzhou. In 2012, FOSS Suz established a global technical support center to provide technical support services for CA users and sales worldwide to improve customer satisfaction. In past 12 years, FOSS Suzhou continuously provide quality products and create value for customers.
FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.