Global Support Specialist-SW
Building 1, 6 Louyang Road SIP
Main Purpose of Job:
Global Support is a part of FOSS’ service organization reaching across 28 countries worldwide with more than 350 engineers and application specialists providing fast and efficient support for FOSS instrument solutions. Global Support is an organization with 50 specialists located in Denmark and China responsible for delivering product management, technical support to local service engineers as well as technical documentation and training.
You will be a Global Support Specialist in the Global Technical Support Team in Suzhou.
The responsibilities are:
- Providing technical and application support for FOSS’ Chemical Analysis and Sample Mill instruments at a specialist level to FOSS’ Sales & Service Companies and distributors
- Expert instructor for service and product trainings.
- Develop, review and maintain user and service documentation.
- Reporting quality issues with Product Management and Quality.
- Provide serviceability feedback to Development.
You will work based in Suzhou, China and you will be part of Global Technical Support team referring to Global Support Manager Suzhou.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide remote support/troubleshooting to the field service organisation and distributors covering mechanical, electrical, software and application for FOSS’ chemical analysis and lab instruments
- Provide onsite customer and installation support, as needed
- Efficiently troubleshoot and escalate to next support line, Development, or Quality, as needed
- Create and maintain service, training & Technical Note documentation
- Plan and conduct classroom & e-learning service trainings on assigned portfolio of instruments
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders (engineering, R&D, and other departments) and ensure fact-based and timely communication
- Ensuring technical and application problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction meeting our desired service level.
- Relevant education in engineering such as computer science (network/server/DB management), electronics (PLC/FPGA, embedded SW), optics physics (NIR/FTIR and spectrum analysis), precision instrumentation or similar
- Three years of experience with a proven track record in with technical support/troubleshooting of analytical instruments or similar
- Three years of experience of conducting classroom training and technical writing in English.
- Able to learn quickly and understand complex tasks and systems
- You “walk the talk” by having a positive outlook, demonstrating exceptional service-mindedness focused on the customer and approach your work in a systematic and analytical manner
- Good coordination, facilitator and negotiating skills to find comprise between competing interest, self-driven and good proactive communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English as well as Chinese is an absolute requirement
- Oversea education/work experience with strong awareness of culture differences is an advantage
- Able to travel worldwide, as needed.
A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is the leader in its field. This means, that you will get the opportunity to work with advanced technology together with highly skilled colleagues in a strong cross-functional teamwork.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.
In 2008, with the implementation of the globalization strategy and meeting the market needs of China and Asia Pacific, FOSS established the first R&D and production base outside of Europe in Suzhou. In 2012, FOSS Suz established a global technical support center to provide technical support services for CA users and sales worldwide to improve customer satisfaction. In past 12 years, FOSS Suzhou continuously provide quality products and create value for customers.