Mechanical Design Engineer in R&D
+45 4820 8787
Join Soft Flow as a Mechanical Design Engineer in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions in hardware development. Therefore, we are establishing our Hardware Development Department, and looking for a talented and devoted Mechanical Design Engineer. You will help us to develop world leading instruments from concept until release to production and sales. Being first and best takes something extra.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipments and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
The HW department is responsible for designing hardware solutions for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches. As Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for the mechanical design from concept to final verified product in co-operation with local and Danish R&D design team. The mechanical designer follows the agreed guidelines from the mechanical function and suggests improvements in order to improve Quality, reliability, delivery and cost. There will be occasional visits to the R&D department in Hillerød, Denmark to get a visual and hands-on understanding of the problems, working methods and meet the other project team members.
- Develop and design mechanical constructions
- Modeling in Inventor and documentation in SAP
- Ensure robust design, by using simulations, Datum systems (ensuring correct designed degree of freedom) solid tolerance calculations, GPS drawings etc.
- Verification and Validation of own design
Qualifications and Experience
You must share our passion for mechanical and technology development at a very high and challenging level. Since we are establishing our new Hardware Development Department, we are currently looking for both senior and experienced Mechanical Engineers.
- BSc degree in mechanical engineering with 3 years’ relevant work experience after graduation
- English is a requirement (both written and verbal)
- Solid practical and hands-on experience with mechanical constructions
- The ideal candidate will have experience with 3D, GPS, 2D, Inventor, dynamic and kinematic analysis of motion systems, design in plastic and metals, interface analysis of total construction, modeling and tolerance analysis, design for lean manufacturing and GMP
- Basic understanding of mechanical part of production and manufacturing (moulding, stamping, etc.) knowing the rules for designing
- Taking responsibility as well as being engaged and committed about your job and tasks
- Taking review comments as a way to become an even better engineer
- Team-player with a positive mindset, sharing knowledge and having a natural curiosity about other job disciplines
- Creativity with a great deal of ingenuity
- Structured and attentive to details
- Eagerness to follow projects to the end and see results
- Being able to plan own time, take technical lead and coordinate tasks within the projects
- Thriving with many different types of tasks, including hands-on work like using a soldering iron
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased Hardware Development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Our relocation program provides accommodation for 3 months in case of moving
Please send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Enikő Végh at email@example.com
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology and software developer company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com. FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.