C# Cloud Developer
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow as a C# Cloud Developer in Soft Flow Digital – and be part of creating world class analytical solutions for the connected agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planet’s agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class software solutions. That is why we are establishing Soft Flow Digital as a new Software Development Department at our subsidiary Soft Flow, in Pécs Hungary. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the first software team in Soft Flow Digital and ensure we have a successful establishment of this new software department at Soft Flow. The new department will work closely together with HQ on cloud based digital services where we use the latest cloud technologies in our products.
Soft Flow Digital is responsible for developing innovative cloud based services using data from our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
You will be part of a scrum team and your primary tasks will involve:
- Development and maintenance of the cloud platform written in .NET
- Refactor existing solution to accommodate new requirements and adapt new technologies
- Design solutions that accommodate new requirements and adapt new cloud technologies
- Extend and evolve APIs to allow easy access for external developers/systems
- Deliver a high-quality cloud service, ensure proper test coverage, optimize performance
To ensure your success we will provide proper training and introduction to our platforms, methodologies about how our digital solutions are developed and insights into the specific digital platform requirements and specifications. We expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-border collaboration between the new team in Pecs and cloud development team at HQ. Our solutions are mainly implemented using C# and based on Microsoft Azure.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have maximum 5-10 traveling days abroad per year.
- BSc or MSc in software engineering or computer science
- 3-4 years of proven track record as a strong backend developer in C#/.NET environment
- Solid experience with client/server development or similar architectures
- Capability of database development and management (SQL)
It is an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge in Unit testing and TDD
- Knowledge of Agile development and Scrum
- Experience with Cloud technologies – preferably MS Azure
- Experience in a visual task management context like Azure DevOps or Jira
- Understanding of the importance of data security, reliability and performance
- Being a team player, knowing the difference between working in a team and working as a team
- Having a can-do attitude – you are not afraid to solve a task outside of your specialty and you believe that testing is an integrated part of making a good solution
- Having DevOps mindset
- English at least at CEFR level B1 –Intermediate
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirits
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Our relocation program provides free accommodation for 3 months
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow! Any questions can be directed to Enikő Végh at email@example.com
All applications for vacant positions are welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS Digital Business
The business unit FOSS Digital Business was established in 2017 and is currently consisting of 70 FTE, delivering digital services to more than 11.000 connected installations globally. The organization encompasses the full value chain from innovation to product development, operations and sales. FOSS Digital Business works towards “Feeding global food value chains with trust, quality and insigths’ to make sure we can feed a growing planet with nutrious quality food”.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and move to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analytical instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and increased yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. This is why our mission is Analytics beyond measure. Read more about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analytical instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.