Researcher - Senior Molecular Biologist
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Réka Lambertné Sinkler
Join Soft Flow as a Senior Molecular Biologist in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions. Therefore we are expanding our Core Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted Senior Molecular Biologist.
If you have a solid biological background and want to play an important part in both development and research, in cooperation with creative developers and process-oriented production teams, then you could be the new colleague we are currently looking for!
At Soft Flow, you will be part of an innovative environment, where there are many opportunities for research and development. We are leaders within our field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges, you will be part of our most strategical projects. We focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation.
You will be a part of our Biology Team and you will be responsible for:
• Designing and developing cell biological and immunological methods and reagents for food analytical solutions
• Planning experiments, analyzing, interpreting and reporting data (in English)
Qualifications and Experience
Specific knowledge and quality focused attitude wanted!
• PhD in life sciences with 5+ years’ experience after PhD graduation (cell biology, immunology, biotechnology, medical or related fields)
• The ideal candidate will have experience with PCR, oligonucleotide design and microbiological techniques. The candidate should have familiarity with common molecular biological equipment and analysis
• Knowledge in cloning, genetic engineering, cell physiology and biochemical processes within living cells and confident use of bacterial and mammalian expression systems
• Adaptation of new methods, immunoassay procedures and related measuring instruments
• Experience in purification and characterization of proteins
• Experience in cell culture techniques is a must
• We would like you to have strong communication skills, as well as a desire to be part of a team.
• Advanced problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, precision, deductive reasoning and critical-thinking skills to solve complex
• Creativity and ability to work as a team member, able to cope with heavy workloads
• English language proficiency
• Publication history in related fields is an advantage
• A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
• Exciting and challenging projects
• We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
• The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
• FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
• Our relocation program provides accommodation for 3 months in case of moving
Please send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link.
We conduct interviews on a regular basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Réka Lambertné Sinkler at email@example.com
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com. FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.