Researcher – Biotechnology, Chemistry
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as a Researcher in R&D – and be part of creating world-class instruments and analytical methods for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production, and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions. This is why we are expanding our Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted
Researcher – Biotechnology, Chemistry
Our Technology Team at Soft Flow is looking for a new member with a strong background mainly in chemistry and biotechnology (conjugational chemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering).
The successful candidate is a highly motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills and a keen interest in implementing recent scientific results in the applied research with the aim to support the development of the World’s best analytical methods in the field of food safety. Critical thinking, curiosity, and excellent communication skills are also essential requirements.
At FOSS, you will find an innovative environment with many opportunities for research and development. We are leaders within our field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges - You are going to be part of strategically important projects. On top of this, we focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation.
- Contribute to the planning, development, and establishment of new/novel conjugational/chemical methods applicable in the field of food and feed safety and related areas
- Exploration and adaptation of new/relevant technologies into R&D procedures applied at our company
- Delivering related biotechnological/conjugational development activities
- Participating in analytical instrument testing
Qualification and Experience
In order to be well prepared for the aforementioned development projects, we are looking for a candidate that
- holds an engineering and/or researcher MSc degree and/or has relevant experience (minimum 2-3 years) chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering or adjacent fields;
- has experience in some organic chemistry, conjugation of proteins or small molecules and handling related equipment;
- likes to be involved in discovery and understanding of related novel technological trends;
- has some routine in professional laboratory administration;
- has an advanced English level.
- Excellent ability to navigate among multidisciplinary skills
- Innovative and creative, have a curious mind and thrive on challenges
- Self-driven, but value a strong team and the effort to share knowledge
- Able to combine an analytical and experimental approach
- Goal-oriented with regards delivery times and tasks completion
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Our relocation program provides accommodation for 3 months in case of moving
Please send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link.
We conduct interviews regularly, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact György Nagyéri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years, we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster, and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, the Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.