Researcher - Senior Assay Developer
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 20 449 35 11
Join Soft Flow as a Senior Assay Developer in R&D – and be part of creating world-class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, more efficient production, and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
Soft Flow is a leading biotechnology company acquired by FOSS in 2016. At Soft Flow, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class solutions. This is why we are expanding our Core Technology team, and looking for a talented, devoted Researcher – Senior Assay Developer.
- Developing and validating multiplex kits and processes for food safety applications
- Designing, performing, and evaluating flow cytometry and ELISA based experiments
- Developing and optimizing other immunoassay based tests
- Collaborating with different R&D teams of the company
- Adhering to ISO-9001:2015 and participating in creating and maintaining related document
- Transferring developed methods to the production department
- Mentoring junior researchers
- Active participation in research grant applications, project coordination, report writing and preparing publications
- Following current scientific trends and technologies
Qualification and Experience
- MSc (biology, biotechnology, chemistry, or related field)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in immunoassay development
- Good communication skills in English (written and verbal), Hungarian knowledge is a plus
- Hands-on experience in flow cytometry and ELISA
- Several years of experience in experiment design and evaluation
- Knowledge of different statistical concepts
It is an advantage if you have:
- Relevant PhD degree
- High-level English knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in established problem-solving techniques
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with and influence other individuals and groups in a positive, team-based environment
- Ability to work independently where necessary
- Attention to detail and work with a sense of urgency and have the ability to be impartial and objective, keeping deadlines
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies, and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
- Our relocation program provides accommodation for 3 months in case of moving
Please send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We conduct interviews regularly, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Adrienn Lajkó on +36 20 449 3511.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in the global industry. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands. Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 70 highly qualified employees. In the coming years, we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs. Follow us on www.softflow.com.
In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. FOSS creates end-to-end solutions that secure and improve food quality. From raw material to finished product. Our analysis instruments refine measurements into information management that enables businesses to run intelligent data-driven productions with less waste and bigger yields. Controlling cost and quality across all sectors and value chains, we help food and agricultural producers limit the number of human errors, scale their business faster, and reduce manual labor as well as labor costs. We call it analytics beyond measure. You can read about FOSS at www.fossanalytics.com.
FOSS employs more than 1400 people working all over the world. The analysis instruments are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 28 countries and by more than 75 dedicated distributors spread over Europe, the Americas, Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Australia.