Production and Supply Chain
+45 4820 8357
At FOSS, we are driven by a strong sense of purpose, and we hope you are too. A fast growing world population means that the global food production will have to increase by 60% by 2050 to meet demand. We want to come up with smarter ways to make the best use of agricultural resources, and to help eliminate food waste. If that sounds like something you would like to get out of bed for every Monday morning, then read on.
We are looking for a new colleague to be part of our plant management team for the total of app. 125 employees.
As Production Planning Manager you are the driving force in setting production pace, creating transparency and meeting customer needs. You focus on customers, leadership and daily operations to constantly improve delivery, availability, efficiency and working capital with your team and peers. You align activities across our plant and suppliers based on trust and great teamwork.
You will refer to the Plant Manager and be responsible for the plant planning & buying team consisting of 4 people assisting our production lines in ensuring a stable and sufficient supply of high end analytical instruments, spares and consumables sold globally.
You will primarily work in our FOSS Hillerød plant, but you also reach out to our plant in Suzhou, China. You can expect less than 5 travel days per year.
In our Hillerød site we assemble and test instruments tailored to customer requirements. Our site also acts as a repair, configuration and distribution center. FOSS manufactures complex products in a high mix and low volumes, seasonal variation is common and adds to the challenge of managing capacity balancing, agile delivery and LEAN manufacturing. FOSS manufacturing system combines configuration to order and make to stock principles employing a mix of push and pull using Kanban internally and reactive ordering methods externally.
You will be responsible for
- Leading, empowering and developing your planner and buyer team of 4 people. Your role is to support our production managers in servicing customers effectively.
- Converting S&OP input into factory masterplans balancing customer service, plant efficiency and working capital. You continously improve flows, sets the pace, level the workload and utilize capacity effectively in close collaboration with peers and your team.
- Keeping focus on the customer ensuring that promised dates and speed are met and that we always have an updated overview of orders and workloads. You ensure compliance to processes and standards.
- Ensuring that we have the materials needed for effective on time assembly and delivery of instruments, spares and consumables. You minimize stock outs and optimize availability for both production lines and customers in close collaboration with global sourcing and logistics.
- Building and maintaining dashboards and planning tools empowering our organization to make the right daily choices regarding service levels and cost tradeoffs. You facilitate board meetings and practical problem solving ensuring LEAN living.
Our Hillerød site is a hub for innovation launching and maturing multiple new products annually, hence setting up SAP for new production lines and components is part of the job. The same goes for participating in implementing engineering changes (ECM).
We are looking for a leader driven by the desire to create results and succeed in collaboration with others.
We seek a candidate with a proven track record in production planning, having good insights in planning with multilevel Bill of Materials. You have solid experience with MRP systems, preferably SAP. A formal LEAN certification is considered an advantage, and you probably have a degree within operations management. Knowing ISO 9001, ESD and ATEX is an advantage since the plant is certified.
You are comfortable both speaking and writing Danish (mandatory) and English.
To be successful in this position, you should be able to inspire, motivate & lead people. You naturally connect, establish trust and spur enthusiasm. You are good at listening, you want to understand the problems and you take pride in paving the way so your team can deliver the results.
People knowing you would recognize the following characteristics:
- Robustness, executing well and within deadlines in a busy and dynamic environment.
- Hands on and flexible mindset able to adapt to changes and setbacks constructively.
- You follow up on the decisions that are made and take responsibility for the outcomes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer a challenging job in an innovative company that is a world leader in its field. We are very proud of the solutions we provide for our customers. You can expect to join a great team, with highly motivated and skilled colleagues.
Send your application by using the link below. Note that we only receive applications via the link. We hold regular interviews, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. For further information regarding the job, please do not hesitate to contact Plant Manager Claus Kappe at email@example.com or on +45 4820 8357.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.