Chemistry Team Lead
Ürögi Fasor 2/A
Join Soft Flow as a Chemistry Team Lead – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that. At FOSS, we have many exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class chemistry researches. At our subsidiary Soft Flow, you will be part of an innovative environment. They are leaders within their field, and thus you can expect exciting challenges and be part of their projects. They focus greatly on teamwork and cooperation and look forward to hearing from you!
If you have a solid chemical background, and want to play an important part in development, in cooperation with creative researchers, developers and process-oriented production teams, then you could be the new leader we are looking for!
Our project teams work in close cooperation through all the developments steps/phases. We work with a broad range of technologies, both well established and ground breaking. You will be responsible for:
- Coordination and professional supervision of the work of the chemistry team
- Professional support for running projects
- People management and representation of the team
- Budget planning and follow up
- Resource management
- Lab administration and monitoring of administrative activities of the team
- Preparation, implementation and evaluation of multi-step organic chemical reactions and syntheses
- Supervision of instrumental preparative and analytical work
- Development of bioconjugation methodologies
- MSc degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as researcher or engineer (at least 2 years in private sector)
- Good communication skills in English and Hungarian (written and verbal)
- Advanced level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to combine multidisciplinary activities
- High motivation, professional curiosity, searching challenges, precision and accuracy
- Application of analytical and experimental approaches in the same time
- Effective communication
- Experience in using analytical instruments (e.g. UV-Vis, MS, LC, HPLC)
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in laboratoy documentation management
- Knowledge of biological compounds, e.g. peptides, proteins and antibodies
- Expertise in immunoassays
What we offer
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey
- Work-life balance, Scandinavian mindset
- Accommodation for 3 months in the event of removal
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow!
Any questions can be directed to András Vida at + 06 20 449 38 10.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcome and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Brief history of SOFT FLOW
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 60 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries.