Ürögi Fasor 2/A
+36 20 284 0586
Join Soft Flow as a Software Tester in R&D – and be part of creating world class instruments for the agricultural industry and thus support sustainable use of our planets agricultural resources.
FOSS is an international company that develops analytical equipment and solutions for food, agricultural and other industries. In a global world with a growing population, there is an ever-increasing demand for safer food, production that is more efficient and less food waste. As a global market leader with HQ in Denmark, we have the expertise to ensure that.
At FOSS, we have many new exciting projects in the pipeline that require world-class software solutions. That is why we are establishing a new Software Development Department at our subsidiary Soft Flow, in Pécs Hungary.
The R&D software department at our HQ near Copenhagen consists of more than 100 software developers and makes up for about 1/3 of the whole R&D organization at FOSS. You will have the unique opportunity to be part of the first software team in our new software department and ensure we have a successful establishment of our software department at Soft Flow. The new department will work closely together with HQ on interdisciplinary projects where we integrate advanced technologies and software into our products.
The SW department is responsible for developing and testing software for our analytical instruments, and therefore has a significant contribution to the success of our new product launches.
Your primary tasks will involve:
- Develop test cases, test scenarios based on user stories
- Produce (and analyze) test data
- Plan test execution
- Execute manual tests on virtual/physical instruments according to test cases
- Report bugs via TFS (MS Team Foundation Server)
- Test of analytical instruments
- Support the developers during the bug fixing
We further expect you to work in an open and transparent fashion in a cross-boarding collaboration between the new team in Pécs and software development at HQ.
Your daily work will be at Soft Flow in Pécs, Hungary. However, it is expected that you will have 5-10 traveling days per year to Denmark.
- At least 2 years’ experience with software testing
It is an advantage if you have:
- ISEB or ISTQB certified software tester
- Experience with development of test automation – preferably using C#
- Knowledge of Agile development and Scrum
- Previous experience working in a laboratory
- Domain knowledge from the food industry
- Ability to communicate clearly and proactively
- A good command of English and Hungarian (official project language is English) both speaking and writing
- Self-driven, and ability to take initiatives
- Structured and focused to deliver results and meet customer expectations
- Good analytical skills
- A challenging job, in an international and innovative company, that is small enough for you to get high influence in the job, and big enough for complex professional development
- Exciting and challenging projects
- We have a flat and informal company culture and an open-minded and collegial spirit
- The size of our company allows for independent, dynamic and fast decisions, and you will have the opportunity for constant learning through new projects, technologies and market opportunities
- FOSS has a solid record of continued business growth and a strong business strategy for an exciting future journey. We anticipate increased software development so there are plenty of opportunities for personal growth
Send us your application via the link below.
We screen applications as they come in, so apply now - better today than tomorrow!
Any questions can be directed to Gábor Lehotai at +36 20 284 0586.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
Brief history of SOFT FLOW
Founded in the USA in 1988 Soft Flow moved to Hungary in 1992. Soft Flow is the leading biotechnology company in the fields of flow cytometry and food/feed safety with 20 years of experience in R&D and cooperation with market leaders in global industry. In 2016, the Danish company FOSS acquired Soft Flow. In 2017, the Hungarian Brands program awarded our company as one of the most innovative brands.
Based in Pécs Soft Flow currently employs over 60 highly qualified employees. In the coming years we expand considerably and moves to new facilities in Pécs, Hungary.
Follow us on www.softflow.hu.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast-growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.