Service Engineer – FOSS Britain and Ireland
FOSS Britain & Ireland, Service
Headquartered in Hillerod, Denmark, FOSS is an international family-owned company providing analytical equipment that helps to improve production processes and product quality in food, agricultural and other industries.
Covering and residing in the South West of England ideally in the Hampshire/Bristol areas, you will be joining a team of colleagues in the Service group maintaining FOSS customer instrument installations within your regional area.
Reporting to the National Service Manager, you will be communicating and working closely with other FOSS colleagues, as well as having daily contact with customers. The role will require extensive travel within region often at short notice, and stays away from home to carry out the role, including from time to time over weekends.
- The ideal candidate will have a higher technical education, and experience in a field based customer role.
- Experience of working in a “paperless” environment using database CRM systems to record work.
- Expected to have general knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- IT Networking skills would be a major advantage
- A full UK driving license
We are looking for “Service Ambassadors”, which means the ideal candidate should have the following personal qualities:
- At all times a “Customer First” attitude.
- Have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Display a commercial attitude to service business.
- Be structured & well-organized in daily work.
- Have the confidence and maturity to work mostly un-supervised.
- Experience and appreciation of customer priorities.
- Be a strong relationship-builder, both internally and externally.
- Deliver a sense of urgency and be able to keep deadlines.
A competitive base salary, annual performance related bonus, fully expensed company car, employer pension contribution, private health options and 25 days holiday. You will be joining a growing organization which is focused on delivering world class customer service as a key strategic objective. Full training will be given either locally or in our training facilities in Hillerod Denmark and Suzhou China.
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of color, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,400 highly qualified employees worldwide.