Digital Entrepreneurs wanted to innovate the food and agriculture industry using data, tech and bold ideas
Do you want to make a real difference? Make things that impact the world’s major food chains? Do it using lean startup methods and design thinking? Working with world class colleagues with expertise in analysis’s technologies and Artificial Intelligence?
... then this might be the job opportunity you have been looking for.
At FOSS, we are determined to find smart ways to make the best use of agricultural resources and to help eliminate food waste, improve food safety and ensure fair payment and trade in agriculture. If you want to make an impact through your work and you have what it take to drive innovation forward, we look forward to having you on board.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of analytical solutions that monitor and control quality in the Food and Agriculture industry. The innovation team is a newly established team responsible forgenerating, testing and evaluating new ideas related to digital solutions across all segments in FOSS, concerning the latest market trends, technological innovations, and customer demands. We collaborate with most departments, internal/external stakeholders, and our knowledge is anchored in a good market understanding making customer collaboration a keyword. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for all the steps in the innovation process from the idealization, evaluation, prototyping and business case development.
The scope of your role is to drive the innovation process from business idea to concept evaluation. We work agile and experimental with design thinking, quick development iterations, and fast prototyping. As a part of a new team, you will be able to actively contribute to the formation of best innovation practices and approaches impacting the growth of the innovation team and the digital department.
In this role, communication and result monitoring is key. You will work closely with various stakeholders from S&M, R&D, Service, etc., and your primary tasks will be:
- Perform project management for the ideas generation and concepts execution, be a facilitator, and master of diverse design and innovation tools and methods
- Identify, develop and initiate innovation activities so that innovative inputs can be captured and encouraged from within the organization as well as from external stakeholder
- Develop business cases for new digital services based on solid insights from experiments and market research (markets, customers and competitors)
- Contribute to the design and execution of internal and external workshops, events and hackathons.
This is a full-time position, where you will work closely with and report to the Head of Digital Innovation. The position is located in Hillerød, Denmark, and approximately 10-20 days of traveling per year may be required, primarily for customer visits and industry tech and innovation conferences, etc.
- Min 3+ years of experience within digital services, business or product development, ideally with a focus on IoT, digital innovation from either a global company with B2B market, consulting agency, tech company or own startup.
- Tech savvy and it is considered a big plus if you have any data visualization experience
- Strong organizational and project management skills demonstrating cross-functional collaboration and prioritization skills, with proven results in concept development or innovation projects, design thinking, agile development, prototyping, ideas evaluations, etc.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to mix innovation with strategic thinking and to use data and insights to power digital innovation and marketing activities.
- Experience with hackathons, customer focus groups, and the development of new solutions in partnership with other companies are a plus.
- Since FOSS is a global organization, it is a prerequisite that you have strong communication and presentation skills in English, Danish is a plus.
- Creative, experimental personality with a growth mindset, able to challenge the status quo and think outside of the box, however still working in a structured way, keeping a holistic overview.
- Highly responsible and self-driven, “Go & Do” attitude.
- Comfortable working in fast-paced and ambidextrous environment, being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communication and networking with senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Passionate about the digital innovation witching food and agriculture.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international, dynamic and innovative organization. Our work is based on close collaboration across the organization with tasks that are varying widely from minor adjustments into pioneering new territories and innovative solution. You will be a member of a team where we respect one another, work closely together and apply each other’s competences in the daily work. We make room for personal improvements and continuously strive to optimize our work processes.
We operate in a flat organizational structure, where you will have an opportunity to directly influence and impact your daily task and bring your ideas to the table. At FOSS, we value our employees and believe in cooperation, in straightforward communication and in setting clear objectives to achieve our goals. We emphasize the result, so we support flexibility in the position with a good work-life balance and a steep learning curve.
If you are interested in the position, please send your application via the link below. Please note that we only accept applications sent via the link. We conduct interviews on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as possible since we are looking for a candidate who can step in soon!
If you have questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Digital Innovation, Aleksandra Kiebdoj via phone +45 2761 6462 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief.
FOSS is the world’s leading producer of innovative analytical instruments that monitor and control food quality. We provide solutions that improve customers’ business by running a sustainable and profitable operation while helping deliver high quality products for consumers.
We live in a world with a fast growing population and to meet the growing demand for food, the global food production will have to increase by 60 per cent by 2050. The world’s population is becoming wealthier and the global middle class is growing, which create new food demands. This means the food producers need to find smarter ways to make the best use of our valuable resources and to eliminate food waste. At FOSS, we have the know-how to help companies address these global trends and turn them into opportunities – in a way where sustainability and good business go hand in hand.
The family-owned FOSS Company was founded in 1956. FOSS headquarters are based in Hillerød, Denmark and development and production takes place in Denmark and China. FOSS products are marketed and sold through a global network of sales subsidiaries in 30 countries. FOSS employs around 1,500 highly qualified employees worldwide.